This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

This photo is by far the happiest i’ve ever been. It was before my sophomore year in high school, and i was finally transferring schools from a school i was severely bullied in because of my race. My family had taken a trip to london due to the fact that my older brother had just graduated high school. We had just wandered around the city looking for the shop Jack Wills, as I had wanted a shirt that I had seen Harry Styles wear. You could only get their stuff in the UK at the time so I was extremely excited. Thats the bag that I’m holding to my chest so excitedly, it held the jumper and the shirt that i’d bought with money i’d saved up for the trip. We were walking through Hyde park when all of the sudden it started not just raining, but pouring rain. My mom and dad ran into a Tescos and bought my brother and I “London”esque umbrellas. I don’t think I had ever walked around with an umbrella in public, growing up in Seattle we just always wore hooded sweatshirts, which was something we didn’t think to do in London. We didnt stop, we kept walking and running around Hyde park together and it made me the happiest ever because I felt like I didn’t have to worry about anything. I didn’t have phone service, I had my family, I had everything I needed and nothing could really touch me. It was a moment of feeling invincible and purely happy. I miss it dearly, and I’m glad that my family got to share that memory together.

passionate about equality, feminism, music and pop culture. a bit of a makeup girl and an avid user of all lowercase letters