Mmm Ya Ya: Pros and Cons of Spring Break Sex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

It’s finally Spring Break. I don’t know about you guys, but this year, break could not come soon enough. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is still like a foot of snow on the ground? That could be it. Or perhaps it is the near record low temperatures. Minnesota, whatchu doin’? Anyway, we are now free to escape this blustery campus for a full week and a half, and I sincerely hope that everyone is able to fully take advantage of the time off to relax and reboot for the last half of the semester!

Spring Break has nortoriusly been stereotyped as MAJOR SUPER PARTY TIME WHOAAAA!, generally consisting of high levels of alcohol consumption and low morals. Sexytimes often occur as a consequence, and as always, Mmm Ya Ya is here to help you consider the Pros and Cons of your sexy situation! Here are three “hot” spring break spots and what to think about before you undress in each.

Snow Bunnies: The snow bunnies spend Spring Break taking advantage of the mountainous topagraphy, and if you are lucky, you may find one interested in your own topagraphy, if you catch my drift (so punny). The Pros: Using each others’ body heat is a perfect way to warm up after a long day on the slopes. The Cons: Frostbite. Simple enough.

Beach Honeys: Most people I have talked to are getting the heck out of the cold weather for a bit and are planning on hitting up the beach. A hook-up in the warm sun can be sweeter than southern pecan pie, and there will be plenty of slices to choose from! The Pros: What better mood music could there be than the sound of crashing waves? The Cons: Salty, sweaty, overheated bodies may ruin the moment, as could the unpleasant experience of getting sand in your vagina. Ouch.

Homebodies: For some, Spring Break is all about relaxing, and where better to do that than in the comfort of your own home, with your mom to make food and endless hours of Netflix to watch. Even at home, though, there is the possibility of a sexy tryst occuring to mix up the week! The Pros: You can take your lover to your own bed, no roommates or judgmental RA’s. The Cons: Parents. And did you really want to sleep with that guy who has never left your hometown?

Regardless of where you will be this break, it is important to remember to be safe and healthy. Always use a condom! (Pick up a couple for free from the Wellness Center if you have the chance before heading out!) See you on the other side of Break!

Stay sexy and safe, St. Olaf,

H.