This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Collegiettes! Welcome to another year here on Her Campus. My name is Molly, and I will be taking on the role as the Her Campus St. Olaf Sex blogger this year. I would like to start this year off by introducing myself and my general reasons for writing the Mmm Ya Ya blog.

I am from a suburb of Chicago called Tinley Park, and I am a Junior psychology major here at St. Olaf College. Last year I wrote the Beauty Beat for Her Campus, but also wrote the Sex on the Hill column for the Manitou Messenger. My experience with the column and interest in making sex a fun, exciting, and approachable topic has led me over here to Mmm Ya Ya.

Sex is a topic that has long been a taboo topic of discussion, especially for women, and even today there continues to be a stigma and a discomfort that comes with it. However, I think that it is important to recognize that sex is a part of life that, if practiced in a safe manner, is healthy and can have many rewards of its own. It can facilitate self confident, personal growth, and the growth of relationship. I also believe that you should be able to laugh about it! Sex is nothing to be ashamed of! Embrace your sexuality, love it, and accept that sometimes experiences merits a good laugh with friends later on.

This year I hope to offer you advice from my friends, my personal experiences, and maybe a few one-liners from my mother, who has always (and sometimes unfortunately) been an open book on the subject. I am looking forward to presenting you with various viewpoints, Q&A, and maybe a few funny stories. This blog will be here to entertain, but also to inform, and I hope to open up a fun, informational, and interesting dialogue this year!

xxx

-M

Phote Credit:

http://www.bubblews.com/news/264252-let039s-talk-about-sex

Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.