This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Ciao from Italy,

If you don’t already know, Milan Fashion Week just ended and now it’s time to get inspired by the looks! From Fendi to Moschino and everything in-between, you are bound to find something you love.

Armani

Light blue is a color that anyone can wear! Or find yourself a different flattering pastel and put it to use. Combine a more traditional sweater with sporty trousers – this seems to be a favored look on the runway. If you keep your outfit relaxed and monochromatic, you can thank Giorgio Armani for the inspiration.

Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana took a different route this year with their collection: the main focus was for moms! Each look sported a different aspect of a mother’s life, which oddly enough also tailors to most working woman. For a college student, a high fashion yet on-the-go look is a necessity. Dolce & Gabbana’s line allows just for that. Find a detailed white dress with a simple pattern – D&G loved roses this season. Whatever you choose, keep it easy and draw some inspiration from Dolce & Gabbana.

Max Mara

Time for my favorite look! Max Mara really focused on texture this season, which can certainly play up an outfit. Monochromatic seems to be a trend, but try adding a quilted silk sweater and fur skirt to get a chicer effect. Max Mara’s line featured many more patterns and textures, including a lot of wool and houndstooth. Keep experimenting with what your pieces are made of; this way you can find the right combination for your style – then thank Max Mara for the fashion inspiration.

Now that Milan fashion has come to an end, you can jump into to the latest trends. Relaxed, monochromatic and easy looks are definitely in, but make the look your own by adding some different textures. And be sure to keep up with what each fashion week has to offer! Paris, you’re next!

Ciao ragazze! XOXO

Photo Cred

Cover Runway