This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

In honor of his 21st birthday this Friday (May 10), this week’s campus cutie is Mike Gallagher ’14! 

NameMichael James Gallagher

Year of graduation: 2014

Major: Political science, German

Relationship status: In a relationship? Taken? What’s the terminology here?

Favorite place to study: 4th floor of the math building

Favorite food: Juicy Lucy Burger from the 5-8 Club in Minneapolis

Favorite movies: The Royal Tenenbaums, Finding Nemo

Hobbies: Rugby, hiking, running, sleeping where I shouldn’t be, losing SGA Faculty Life Senator Elections… 

If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why? Definitely a rabbit. Apparently there’s a lot of resemblence, and I’m a huge fan.

What is your weight-loss secret? [Mike recently lost a significant amount of weight while studying abroad on St. Olaf’s Term in the Middle East – Losing weight while studying abroad? Who knew that was possible?] A strict and frugal diet of falafel, accompanied by hot Middle Eastern runs.

In your opinion, why do parents love their children so much? Because they’re a combination of your two favorite people! What’s not to love!

How many ‘not having happens’ will happen before we graduate? [Mike is known for his odd count-downs!] Somewhere around 380.

Describe yourself in one word: Relaxed.

Call or text? They both have their place. Snapchats are nice, too.

What is your ideal date? A great dinner, then time spent somewhere outside and beautiful.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she thinks she looks her best.

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know? Keep doing what you’re doing.

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.