Meet Nora Serres, Class of 2016!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Nora Serres, Class of 2016!

What are your majors? Psychology, Norwegian w/ linguistic studies concentration

Where are you living this year? Ytterboe Hall with some of my best friends :)
How are you involved on campus? I volunteer through SSN, play the oboe in Philharmonia, work in the Speech and Cognition lab, and I work in Admissions and the Norwegian department!

Do you have a favorite memory from Olaf? I have SO many great memories here from Olaf, but one of my top would have to be getting up crazy early to watch the sun rise over Old Main Hill

What is the best thing you’ve learned during your time at Olaf? I’ve learned how to balance everything I do and how much great friends mean to me :)
What do you plan to do following graduation? Next year I’ll be working in Eden Prairie as a research analyst for a healthcare consulting company (the Lewin Group under United Health Group)

Favorite Prof? Jeremy Loebach or Charles Taliaferro 

Celeb crush?  Beyoncé (hello, LEMONADE.)

If you could name one person at Olaf to be a future president of the US of A, who would it be and why? I think I’d like to see… hmm…. You know,  I think Jenny P. who works in Skog would be fabulous at it! 

What do you think you’ll miss most about St. Olaf? I’ll miss hour-long dinners, runs in the natural lands, notes in POs, friends who all live less than 5 minutes away, and $2 all-day coffee

Any advice to the younger students? Say yes to new adventures! Don’t be afraid to ask for help. People want to help you do and be your best. Most importantly, spend time with the people you care about :)

Have you studied abroad, If so where? I went abroad for a semester in New Zealand (sweet as), and spent a summer & interim in Norway.

Favorite Class at St. Olaf and why? Psychology of Hearing – I love speech & hearing!! Theology of Food – my favorite intersections of faith, food, and thoughtful conversation. Philosophical Theology – Taliafer <3.

Bowl or plate? BOWL 100%

*Photos used with Nora’s permission*