Meet Marcus Newton ’16!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Marcus Newton

Year of Graduation: 2016

Major/Concentration: Theater Major with Middle-Eastern Studies and Educational Studies concentrations

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Favorite Place to Study: Top floor of the math building because there are fun games and comfy chairs.

Hobbies: watching Julie Andrews YouTube videos, Google image searching Meryl Streep, playing in the rain and reading The BBC.

Favorite Broadway Musical: West Side Story or Sunday in the Park With George or Spring Awakening.

If you had to move to a different country, where would you move and why?: Norway. I know some Norwegian and the health care is free so I could go to a doctor instead of letting WebMD convince me I have a brain tumor every time I have a minor headache. It is also beautiful.

Favorite meal in the Caf and why?: Re-creating the Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme in the tortilla line or Chipotle aioli and pretzels (thanks to Shannon Cron for this one).

Favorite Movie: Catch Me If You Can. Leo <3

Favorite pick-up line: Your body is 65% water and I’m thirsty.

Favorite TV Show: Grey’s Anatomy.

Describe yourself in one word: Moist.

Call or text?: Letters in my P.O plz. Seriously.

What is your ideal date?: Dinner with wine then a musical and finally making out in the rain or simply cuddling and not really doing anything…

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she is wearing a habit and singing “Climb Every Mountain.”

Finish this sentence: A guy looks his best when…he isn’t riding a long board.

Anything else you want the people of St. Olaf to know?: I only have $14 flex dollars left.