Meet Emma Lind ’17!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Emma Lind ’17! 

1. What’s your major(s)?
Psychology/ International Human Rights (I am creating this one)

2. How are you involved on campus?
I am very passionate about making the St. Olaf campus welcome to everyone and I find that this passion is best channeled through my work with SGA. One of my favorite things about SGA is the It’s On Us campaign. Being on the It’s On Us task force is extremely rewarding because we are able to be directly involved in the campus effort to prevent sexual assault. All are welcome to join us in the OSA at 8 pm on Thursdays (#shamelessplug)!

I sit on Senate as the Intercampus Liaison, which is super neat! I am able to be a member of both the St. Olaf and Carleton Senates… I have even met some awesome Carls from across the river! I also love being involved with the Student Activities Committee because SAC allows me to plan and participate in fun, quirky events both on and off campus.  

I am also a member of St. Olaf Amnesty International and an alto in Chapel Choir. Go altos!

3. What’s the best thing you’ve learned at St. Olaf? 
I’ve definitely learned that it’s best to pour my time into things that I love. There’s so much pressure to be the “Ole Who Has It All,” but I don’t think that’s possible. Having it all means spending time doing things you are passionate about. If that means you spend 24/7 in the Pause eating pizza, go for it! If that means you are singing your heart out in the shower, also go for it! For me at least, I find that getting to know people is very important, so I tend to engage in a lot of activities where I can chat with people! 

4. What has been your funniest moment at St. Olaf? 
Wowza! This is a tough one. Recently, some friends and I sang songs from Hamilton: The Musical in Boe Chapel really late at night. It doesn’t sound funny, but we definitely got an ab workout from laughing so hard. #peace #love #Hamilton

5. Any advice for your fellow Oles? 
DON’T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY. This is way easier said than done. I find that when the going gets tough, it’s helpful to find time to just laugh at yourself. 

Also, I totally recommend trying as many Cage After Dark specials as possible… because life is too short to not try 10 different brownie/ ice cream combos. 

6. What has been your favorite class at St. Olaf? 
I absolutely loved International Relations with Tony Lott… Working for the UN? Negotiating and drafting treaties? A dream come true. 

7. What’s your dream job?
When I was little, I wanted to be Oprah. However, I have now set some more realistic goals for myself. I would love to be an international human rights lawyer or diplomat! I love to travel, so I want to find a career that will let me do that. 

8. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
PIZZA. Specifically, it would be pepperoni pineapple pizza (pineroni, for those of you familiar with pizza slang).

9. Life motto? 
“Don’t let anyone else determine your happiness.” My dad always told me this in the car on the way to school. He’s a wise guy! 

HCXO!

Photos provided by Emma and used with permission! 
Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.