Fun Things To Do In The Twin Cities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Here are a few things I’ve heard of recently I think that could be fun!

1. Can Can Wonderland-St. Paul

Play mini golf in a course geared towards adults, which includes carts with bartenders throughout the course.  So, if you’re 21 and up, it could be really fun.  Even if you aren’t though, it looks awesome!  They have putt putt, but they also have a jungle gym and arcade games, to let out your inner child.  I haven’t personally gone, but it looks super fun, so I will eventually!

2. Guillermo del Toro Exhibit 

If you love horror but haven’t heard about this, get on it!  Guillermo del Toro’s personal collection is on display at MIA now until the end of May, and it looks so cool.  Also, if you don’t know who he is, you should watch “Pan’s Labyrinth,” which is arguably his best movie.  However, if you want some interesting and creepy art to go see, but don’t know who he is, I would still go!  I think it’s something that will be interesting no matter what!  Unless you don’t like scary things…

3. Concerts!  

I’m always one for saying people should go out and see live music.  Find a band or artist you like and go!  The Twin Cities have a bunch of amazing venues, and live music is just so amazing, so I definitely recommend getting off campus for a concert or two.

4.  Get Tattoos!

Okay, so this isn’t the best idea if you are just bored sitting around at school, wanting to get off campus.  I’m adding it to the list because I just got matching tattoos with my two best friends.  I know, a very sorority-esque thing to do.  It actually started as a joke, but my friends and I actually did it.  While it’s probably really stupid to some–granted, even we know it wasn’t the most intelligent or thought-out decision–it is still one of my favorite memories with my friends to date.  As corny as it sounds, I’ll always have a piece of them with me.  So, if you want to do something spontaneous and crazy, go get tattoos!  You also don’t need to get matching tattoos, just go together and enjoy the experience.  

Note: Think it through a little, though!  Placement (future jobs); if you would like it, even if your friends and you drift apart; if you want to get a tattoo but can’t invest in a huge one/are too nervous to get a big one are all good things to consider.

Here’s a picture of my tattoo—it’s Mt. Fuji, since we all love Japan and study Japanese together.

Let me know if you have fun things to do around here that I might enjoy!

<3/ Rachel