kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

As the end of the year approaches…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

It is already May. Can you believe it, collegiates? Time really does seem to move fast. So whether you are anxious to start your summer plans, gripping onto anything that can keep you on at St. Olaf longer, or like me – a senior – both excited to see what the future holds but still sad to leave my second home, we can all find great things to do in these last couple of weeks. Here’s a checklist of activities to fill our last days on The Hill and tips for making the most of our fleeting days!

Get a meal with someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Reconnecting is always of mutual benefit.

Get outside! Play volleyball on the Ytterboe lawn, go campus golfing, take a walk into town, explore the Natural Lands! 

Journal about the last weeks on campus. You’ll love looking back on your memories from your last few weeks at St. Olaf.

Have meaningful conversations with your friends. Reach out to a friend, share love, and support your friends.

Thank a professor! Go in and chat with your favorite professors and maintain your relationship with them. Tell them about your summer plans and thank them for helping you along the way.

Watch the sunrise on Old Main hill!

Attend as many Olaf events as possible! There are plenty of events coming up – from StoChella, to the Highlighter Dance, all of the Senior Week activities, and plenty of concerts and sporting events!

Soak it all up! 

Be thankful for your time on The Hill. Though this year has likely brought ups and downs, it has been a year to remember. As we wrap-up our year, reflect, be thankful, and share in joy! Look how far we’ve come, Oles! It’s a bright few weeks left and a very bright future ahead! 

HCXO! 

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.