Cooking on Campus: Honey Glazed Chicken and Bacon Bites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Bacon reentered my life this week. I haven’t had bacon in my fridge for a while now, but when I went grocery shopping this weekend I just couldn’t resist the big, thick slices of organic hickory smoked bacon. So I searched for recipes that involved bacon – which is entirely too easy to do – especially when browsing Pinterest.

I found a recipe called Honey Glazed Chicken and Bacon Bites and knew I had to try it. Basically, it’s chicken breast cut up into bite size tenders, wrapped in bacon and glazed with a honey, lemon, mustard sauce. So easy and so yummy. 

The recipe calls for thin slices of bacon, which usually isn’t in my vocabulary, but for this recipe thin bacon is necessary because the bacon might not cook all the way, and no one likes uncooked bacon. Give this savory and sweet recipe a try!

All you need is:

–       1 pound boneless chicken breasts

–       20 thin bacon slices

–       3 tablespoons honey

–       2 teaspoons coarse mustard

–       Fresh lemon juice

(If cooking for one be sure to cut the ingredients in half)

1.     Preheat over to 425 F. Cut the chicken breasts up into thin strips.

2.     In a bowl, mix the honey, mustard, and lemon juice.

3.     Wrap the thin bacon slices around each chicken breast.

4.     Place chicken in a cookie sheet or roasting pan. Line the pan with tin foil for easy cleanup.

5.     Brush the chicken with half the marinade

6.     Bake for 10-13 minutes or until bacon on one side looks crispy. Turn the chicken over, brush with remaining marinade, and bake until the other side is crispy, another 10-13 minutes.

7.     Enjoy!

*This recipe is from The Kayotic Kitchen

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.