6 TV shows to watch now that Breaking Bad is over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

I know, I know. Breaking Bad is over. We’ll all mourn the feelings of anticipation that used to accompany Sunday nights with new episodes and the shared horror at the decline of Walter’s character. Luckily, there are plenty of new series airing on television right now to distract us from our Breaking Bad withdrawal. Here are a few shows that are worth looking into:

1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine– Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX

Featuring SNL alumus Andy Samburg, this new comedy follows a dysfunctional group of NYPD detectives who have to grow up fast when a strict new boss takes over their precinct. In other words, no more wearing speedos in the office.

2. The Blacklist – Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC

This new drama series is centered around one of the FBI’s Most Wanted Fugitives, Raymond Reddington, who turns himself in under the condition that he is put in contact with Elizabeth Keen, a new FBI profiler. The two work together to identify and take down terrorists from a secret “blacklist” of criminals that Reddington has spent years compiling.

3. Hostages – Mondays at 10 p.m. on CBS

The night before the President of the United States is due to go into surgery, his doctor and her family are taken hostage by a group of rogue FBI agents. The doctor is told to let the president die the next day during surgery – otherwise, her family will be killed. What will she choose?

[pagebreak]

4. Orange Is the New Black – Netflix

Starring Taylor Schilling (Zac Efron’s love interest in The Lucky One) and Laura Prepon (Donna from That ‘70s Show), this breakthrough comedy-drama examines life in a women’s prison and the relationships amongst the inmates. It’s emotional, funny and surprisingly addictive.

5. The Vampire Diaries – Thursdays at 7 p.m. on The CW

The Vampire Diaries is back for yet another season (it’s fifth!) of romance, drama and deceit, but this time the vampires are taking on college. How are Elena and Caroline supposed to experience frat parties if all they want to do is bleed the cute guys dry?

6. Arrested Development  – Netflix

Just as there will always be money in the banana stand, there will always be a place in my heart for this quirky comedy show. All of the favorite members of the Bluth family have returned for this fourth season revival, in which each episode focuses on a specific character.

Photo Credits:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The Blacklist

Hostages

Orange is the New Black

The Vampire Diaries

Arrested Development

TV and Remote

Lindsey Tucker is a freshman at St. Olaf College, and is the writer for the Ole Entertainment Blog. When she's not scoping out new music tracks or browsing Netflix for the next show to watch, she enjoys playing accordion with The Runestones, whipping up tasty drinks in The Cage and attending the occasional concert.  
Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.