4 Study Spaces That Aren’t in the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

By: Juliann Perala

Sick of going to your routine study space in Rolvaag? Need a change of scenery to help you focus? Here’s a list of four places that are likely to improve your studying habits.

Old Main Commons– If you want comfortable seating paired with quaint, old-fashioned surroundings, this location is the place to be.  Aside from people passing through to their classes, this study spot is fairly quiet.  If you can’t score any of the comfortable chairs in the library, head over to Old Main to finish tomorrow’s reading.

Green Spaces in Regents Hall of Natural Sciences– In most of the corners of Regents and in the Atriums, there are sitting areas with floor-to-ceiling windows.  With this comes natural light, which is great for studying, and a calming view of the beautiful outdoors.  These spaces are quiet and comfortable, perfect for staying focused and on task.

Regents Hall of Mathematical Sciences– As you walk into Regents on the third floor, you’ll see a fireplace and sitting area at the end of the hallway.  It’s a perfect studying spot that not many people seem to know about!  If you want to go somewhere random, cozy up next to the fireplace in Regents Hall of Math.

Tomson Hall East and West Lantern– On the third floor of Tomson at both ends, there are seating areas with full windows, similar to Regents.  This location gives you a perfect overhead view of campus and is never full.

So if you’re ever feeling sick of the library, head to one of these great places to study or work on a paper!

1) Regents Hall

2) Tomson Hall