Why You Should Listen to Barstool’s “Chicks In The Office”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Not caught up on the latest celebrity gossip? Missed an episode of the Bachelorette? Didn’t see what Khloe Kardashian posted on Instagram? Do not worry Ria Ciuffo and Fran Mariano have got you covered! Unlike other Barstool podcasts that are solely about sex or sports, these two have a different take. As they enter the world on the pop culture they bring in a different take than any other media source will cover. They are just as big of “fangirls” like us. 

I am the type of person who loves hearing what other people have to say about the things that I like. It is even better when they have the same opinions as me or are giving me another way of looking at the topic. The comedic hour-long podcast that releases Monday and Thursdays every week offers interviews with your favorite celebrities reaching from the Bachelorette’s fan-favorite Tyler Cameron to country singer Kelsea Ballerini (just to name a few) all the way to relatable stories that even Ria and Fran have encountered.  

Another reason why I love Chicks in the Office is the apparel. Their t-shirts (which are my favorite) are one of a kind! My favorites are their various different tie-dye Outer Banks themed t-shirts are a classic!  They have so many fun tie-dye options from hoodies to shorts to t-shirts. Which the tie-dye is so in! 

As we are in a time where women are making major impacts in our world the story Ria and Fran are two that need to be praised more. They started as interns and were offered a spot because there was an open room downstairs. Even though Fran is an Eagles Fan and has background knowledge of sports Ria does not. This show doesn’t specifically appeal to just women. Shockingly enough, the majority of their audience is male according to barstool CEO Erika Nardini. Barstool’s goal is to reach everyone, not just a specific crowd. Which I think is a fact that we are all not aware of. 

Chicks in the Office takes us into a college-aged young podcast where people can relate, feel connected to their favorite celebrities. They can find out all the inside “deets” on what is going on in the country without having to watch E-news at night where it only covers certain celebrity gossip. The conversation on Chicks in the Office is different from a normal celebrity news source. They ask the questions we are dying to know! Including questions about childhood movies on whether a character was going to end up with a certain person or way. Or questions about their time on the show or a potential reunion.  Celebrities are more comfortable with them than anyone else. 

Ria and Fran never fail to make me laugh!  Someone who loves listening to anything pop culture related. They always have the perfect content and gives me so much information in an hour podcast rather than me having to constantly be reading Twitter! That is why I  listen to Chicks in the Office and if you don’t listen to it already I highly recommend starting it right now.

Hi! I am Julia DellaRusso! I am a member of the Her Campus Chapter at St. Lawrence Unviersity! I am a communications major with a sports and exersize science minor. When I am not in class I am on the Field, as I am also a member of the Field Hockey team!! If you can't find me staying active or studying, you can usually find me watching an episode of Friends or enjoying a bowl of Pasta!!  Check out my articles below!! 
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.