burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

What To Wear To Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

It’s that time of year again: formal season! It can be so stressful trying to find that perfect dress that will not only make you stand out, but will also look super flattering and keep you warm and comfortable all night. Here are a few ideas that I hope will inspire you while searching for that special dress!

Sparkles!:

I absolutely LOVE sparkles and sequins and all things that glitter. This is also the perfect time of year to wear something super flashy. In my opinion, you really can’t go wrong with a silver or black sequin dress. If you are feeling extra fancy, maybe even go for a sequin jumpsuit. These options would catch everyone’s eye and you’d be the belle of the ball. Don’t be afraid to shine!Red:

Who doesn’t’t love a good red dress? Not only is this color super flattering, but it will also make you stand out! More importantly, this bright color is perfect for those super pale girls and will make you look like a porcelain doll. To jazz things up, find a red dress with some bows or ruffles or even some fun detailing. You won’t regret it!

Black:

You can always make a simple black dress look super unique by adding some cool jewels and big earrings, or maybe even a colorful lip. You also don’t have to go for a boring black dress and can find something fun. So, if you find a black dress that looks too good on you to pass up, there are still so many ways to stand out! These types of dresses are not only super reliable but are also likely to be re-worn again. 

I hope that these tips have helped you in your search for the perfect formal dress! Remember to chose something that makes you feel confident and guarantees that you will have the best night ever!

Charlotte Barry

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Charlotte Barry and I am a member of the SLU Her Campus chapter!