This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

For those of you up in the north, you may have noticed a little bit of snow has come your way. As I was driving home with my friends last night, I couldn’t’t help but get excited about waking up the next day to snow. Which meant… snow day!! Whether you’re with your friends, family, or by yourself, here is a list of my favorite things to do on such a relaxing day. Hope they inspire you to do the same!

1. Keep your PJ’s on. This may seem silly to say, but one of my favorite things about a snow day is the excuse you get to keep your pajamas on all day. So if I were you, I’d grab that two-piece flannel PJ set, some colorful fuzzy socks, and stay comfy all day (especially while enjoying these other ideas of what to do)!
  2. Watch your favorite movie (or movies)! Now is the best time to snuggle up and watch that movie you love so much. My personal favorites are Miracle, any one of the Harry Potter movies, Baby Driver, and Good Will Hunting. But if you’re really trying to get into the winter spirit, I’d watch your favorite Christmas movie. Home Alone and The Grinch are my top choices.
  3. Bake some cookies! No matter what, everyone loves warm, fresh cookies on a snow day. I personally would go for following the classic Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip recipe. Or, if I’m feeling ambitious, I’d make some holiday sugar cookies with cut-out shapes and green and red sprinkles. Although if you’re feeling a little lazy, and just want to sit down and enjoy them as soon as possible, the pre-made Pillsbury or Toll House cookies are just as delicious as homemade!
  4. Hopefully your snow has stuck and you have enough to build a snowman! I know it’s a little childish, but if you have someone to bare the cold with you, it’s still fun to get outside and play in the snow. Make sure to take a picture before it melts!
  5. Do that reading you never get the chance to do! I’m not a crazy book worm, but I do love to read every once and a while. Whether it’s going back and re-reading your favorite book, or just flipping through a magazine and the news, curl up on the couch and enjoy the extra time you have to get lost in a different world.
  6. Make some hot chocolate! Hot chocolate is so delicious and I personally forget how much I love it until I treat myself every once and while. You just have to have one on this kind of day. You can enjoy it while you bake, watch that movie, and catch up on your reading. And nothing is better than a warm drink after you’ve been outside in the snow for a while. My favorite way to drink hot cocoa is to pop a candy cane and some marshmallows in, then top it off with whipped cream.

I certainly hope you have the chance to do at least one of these “activities” on either a snow day, or on the weekend. Taking a break from your hectic, work-loaded week is crucial for your health! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and, if you were lucky to get some, enjoy the gorgeous snow!

I’m Daphne Stanton and I’m a sophomore at St. Lawrence.