This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

This article is not sponsored.

Written by Contributing Author Julia DellaRusso (’21)

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I researched a few good Valentine’s Day movies. Regardless of whether you’re single, taken, or in that “it’s complicated” phase, I have a movie that’s perfect for you!

Single

Do not let being single on this Valentine’s Day get you down! Enjoy it with some movies all about embracing being single and remembering we still can do great things alone!

1. How to be Single
  2. Someone Great (Netflix)
  3. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  4. Legally Blonde
  5. 10 Things I Hate About You (Disney Plus) 
  6. The First Wives Club
  7. Clueless
  8. How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
  9. Girls Trip
  10. Magic Mike
  11. The Other Woman 

Taken 

1. 50 First Dates 
  2. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 
  3. The Vow 
  4. A Walk to Remember 
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man 
  6. Titanic

It’s Complicated

In our generation, it is hard to get someone to commit. Sometimes we’re even just too afraid to tell someone how we feel! Hopefully, one of these movies will help you make that first move and get out of the friend zone.

1. Friends with Benefits 
  2. My Best Friend’s Wedding 
  3. The Proposal 
  4. No Strings Attached

Want to be scared?

Here are some romance movies with a little creepy twist:

1. The Secret Obsession 
  2. Gone Girl 
  3. Ready or Not

Whatever romantic situation you are in this upcoming Valentine’s Day, remind yourself that this is not a holiday only celebrated by people in relationships; but rather, it is a day to remind those who you love that you care about them. If you don’t have any plans this year, unwind and watch some of these movies to make this Valentine’s Day the best one yet! Don’t forget to get some chocolate to munch on while viewing!

Let us know what you’re watching this weekend by connecting with us on social media! HC at St. Law U would like to kindly remind you to practice social distancing this Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day.

We are Her Campus St. Law U.
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.