This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

I am not a huge TV person and usually find myself getting distracted or bored trying to keep up with television series. However, I am a movie fanatic! To me, there aren’t many things that compare to curling up in bed and unwinding to watch a good movie. Over the years, I have gathered a list of my favorite films that I have watched over and over again and never get sick of. Here are my Top 5 Favorite Movies that I suggest you give a try too!

1. Pride & Prejudice (2005 film)

• This is 100% my favorite movie of all time and probably will be forever. I love the overall plot of this movie which is accompanied by the perfect cast. If you are a fan of love stories, this is the perfect movie for you! However, this film takes a unique approach to your traditional love story and avoids all of the sappy, mooshy-gooshy content that I despise. Pride & Prejudice will have you on the edge of your seat and keep you focused until the film’s credits.

1. Lilo & Stitch

• As a kid, I was absolutely obsessed with Lilo & Stitch. I listened to the movie soundtrack religiously in the car or on my radio at home, birthing my deep love for Elvis Presley and his music. This animated film includes just about everything one could ever want and need in a movie: it’s funny, adorable, heartwarming, and has a happy ending that will leave you feeling satisfied. I can’t rave about Lilo & Stitch enough! This was my favorite as a kid and still remains one of my favorites today. I can always count on Lilo & Stitch to cheer me up whenever I find myself in a funk or am just having a lousy day. It’s the best!

1. Love & Mercy

• I am a huge Beach Boys fan and grew up listening to their music on repeat. When Love & Mercy was first released, a film explaining the troubling psychological illness of one of the band’s key members, Brian Epson, I knew I had to see it right away. This movie is riveting and will give you an behind the scenes look on the realities and struggles of the infamous boysband. I have seen this movie countless times and still have the same reactions. Go watch it!

1. Step Brothers

• When I was a kid, what my family considered “family films,” strangely enough, were usually inappropriate comedies. This might have also have to do with the fact that I’m the youngest and while everyone else was maturing and ready to watch these suggestive films, I was usually a step behind, often contemplating what the jokes even meant. My family is made up of avid Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly fans, so Step Brothers has always been a favorite. We even have matching t-shirts that reference the movie! It is absolutely hilarious, but definitely not for the faint of heart. Although it is wildly inappropriate, even my mom likes it which says a lot. If you’re in the need of a good laugh, sit down, relax, and watch this film. You will thank me later!

1. Pocahontas

• The soundtrack to Pocahontas is truly unbeatable. I never watched this animated film as a young child, but discovered it when I was in my late years of elementary school. Although the movie is extremely historically inaccurate, it still has a precious storyline about finding true love amongst two complete strangers with wildly different cultural backgrounds. Pocahontas is probably my favorite Disney princess because of her incredible beauty and adventurous personality. I have every lyric to the soundtrack memorized and am guaranteed to belt the words whenever it is played. If you are a Disney fan, definitely make sure to watch Pocahontas the next chance you get.

Charlotte Barry

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Charlotte Barry and I am a member of the SLU Her Campus chapter!