Bumble SubHero College?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Bumble SubHero College?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

St. Law U Sunday: Meet Katie Reid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Name: Katie Reid

Year: 2022 (Junior)

Hometown: Wilton, CT

Majors/Minors/Fields of Interest? Why?:

Business and Environmental Studies with a minor in Economics, I fell in love with Environmental Science in high school. I really wanted to continue to expand my knowledge on it when I got to St. Lawrence, and I also enjoyed the mathematics of Economics because I understood it!

Horoscope Sign:

Aries

Favorite Television Show (and why?):

Gilmore Girls, because it reminds me of my relationship with my Mom, and it’s just so wholesome.

What sports team(s) do you cheer for? Why?:

Rangers, my two older brothers are huge hockey fans, and cheering the Rangers on was a staple of the week in my house.

What is your dream job? Why?:

I am hoping to go to nursing school after St. Lawrence and work in Labor and Delivery!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?:

Prague because that is where I was supposed to study abroad this semester, and I hope someday I get to go and appreciate the culture that I will be missing this year.

What social movement(s) are you most passionate about, and why?:

I am passionate about women’s rights, and especially when it comes to childcare.

Why did you choose to attend St. Lawrence?:

I did the smile factor when I visited, and St. Lawrence had the highest number of people who smiled back at me when I smiled at them! I also really enjoyed that I would have Professors that knew my name!

Favorite On-Campus Meal (indicate dining place)? Why?:

The Herbed Jamon from Millwheels is by far the best thing to eat at SLU. Ham, goat cheese, arugula, and apples all on a ciabatta roll!!

Favorite Off-Campus Restaurant/Eatery (and why?):

I love Jakes on the Water because they have an amazing brunch on Sundays. It is a real struggle trying not to go every week.

What is on your must-have college packing list as a Laurentian/as a St. Lawrence student? Why?:

My running sneakers because running is what helps me get out every day. Also, my weighted blanket because it keeps me calm and warm in the winter!

Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Why?:

I love Herring-Cole because it is always super warm and pretty quiet so that I can get a ton of work done without a ton of distractions!

What is on your St. Lawrence bucket list (to-do before you graduate)? Why/who gave you this idea?:

Definitely to go skiing in Canada!

Why did you join Her Campus at St. Law U? What are you looking forward to with HC St. Law U?:

I joined to be with another community of friends and push out of my comfort zone with wiring articles about life at SLU!

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?:

I either run or watch a ton of Netflix; there is no in-between!

Be sure to check out Katie’s articles here!

Be sure to check out our social media platforms here!

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.
Katie Reid

St. Law U '22

My name is Katie and I am a junior at St. Lawrence University! I am a Business and Environmental Studies double major with a minor in Economics and I am obsessed with my dog Tiller. I am a huge skier and raced for a good part of my life, I also love to hike and watch a ton of Netflix! I have a loud personality and am happiest with snow on the ground and iced coffee in hand!