Bumble SubHero College?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Bumble SubHero College?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

St. Law U Sunday: Meet Anna Gates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Name: Anna Gates

Year: First-Year

Hometown:

Mayfield, NY

Majors/Minors/Fields of Interest? Why?:

My fields of interest are neuroscience, communication, and public health!

Horoscope Sign:

Gemini

Favorite Television Show (and why?):

Grey’s Anatomy! I love the storyline and characters, but I also just really appreciate how well written and produced the show is, every little detail is perfect!

What sports team(s) do you cheer for? Why?:

Of course, SLU hockey! I cheer for Duke basketball, Bruins Hockey, New York Yankees, and Steelers Football! I love watching sports and I am super spirited.

What is your dream job? Why?:

Either a Registered Dietician specializing in pediatrics or a travel influencer! Very different jobs, but I love the thought of working with kids and helping them and I love the thought of getting paid to travel!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?:

The Netherlands because I am part dutch & pictures remind me of a ski village, and I love to ski!

What social movement(s) are you most passionate about, and why?:

Saving Planned Parenthood. I am passionate because I know how privileged and blessed I truly am and some people aren’t as lucky. Planned Parenthood provides so many important services for women!

Why did you choose to attend St. Lawrence?:

I have had more than 10 family members attend SLU throughout the years, I basically grew up coming here. I love how beautiful the campus is and how much it feels like home!

Favorite On-Campus Meal (indicate dining place)? Why?:

Definitely a buffalo chicken quesadilla from the pub, it makes any day better.

Favorite Off-Campus Restaurant/Eatery (and why?):

The Bagelry I recently just discovered and not only is it super good, but super cute inside.

What is on your must-have college packing list as a Laurentian/as a St. Lawrence student? Why?:

A pair of warm, cozy boots because it is only October 1st and it is starting to get chilly.

Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Why?:

ODY library top floor because it is nice and quiet, plus the view from the big windows is so pretty looking out at the Chapel.

What is on your St. Lawrence bucket list (to-do before you graduate)? Why/who gave you this idea?:

Be one of the sweater girls at the hockey games! This is random, but since I always watch hockey, even when I was 4, it would be a full circle to be one of the sweater girls, lol!

Why did you join Her Campus at St. Law U? What are you looking forward to with HC St. Law U?:

I thought it was a really cool and interesting club. I have always been interested in blogs, social media, marketing, etc. I never had the opportunity to explore that interest. I am looking forward to meeting new people and getting free stuff!!

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?:

I love spending time with my friends back home, going on car rides, and listening to music because that is about all you can do in a small town. I always love to cuddle with my chocolate lab and just chill out and watch Netflix!

Be sure to check out Anna’s articles here

Check out our social media platforms here!

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.
Anna Gates

St. Law U '24

Hi! I am a freshman at St. Lawrence University! Some of my hobbies include hiking, skiing, trying new foods, traveling, and of course hanging out with my family, friends, and dogs!