Bumble SubHero College?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Bumble SubHero College?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

St. Law U Sunday: Meet Abby Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Name: Abby Williams

Year: 2023

Hometown: Howell, New Jersey

Majors/Minors/Fields of Interest? Why?:

I am thinking of being a combined Environmental and English Major with a Minor in Peace Studies. I would love to join the Peace Corps after graduation for a couple of years and then return home to work for an Environmental Non-Profit or NGO.

Horoscope Sign:

Cancer

Favorite Television Show (and why?):

New Girl because you can either watch it intently or it can be a good background show, but Lucifer is a close second.

What sports team(s) do you cheer for? Why?:

I am a big Rangers and Giants fan primarily because of where I am from and who my family roots for! My all-time favorite player Chris Kreider (Rangers #20).

What is your dream job? Why?:

My dream job after hopefully getting into the Peace Corps would be working for a Water-Based Environmental Non-Profit. I would love to be able to travel and meet new people in order to bring awareness to the poor drinking conditions in underdeveloped countries. One day I would like to be apart of helping these countries get clean, potable water.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?:

I would love to travel to Kenya. I am applying for the semester abroad my Junior Spring because I think it is such a unique place where the culture is so much different than any other place I have been. I would also like to visit to see the natural landscapes and wildlife present in the country.

What social movement(s) are you most passionate about, and why?:

Clean Water Campaign or any Environmental Movement because I think they’re really important for the health and well being of the planet and as a result the Global population.

Why did you choose to attend St. Lawrence?:

I chose to attend St. Lawrence primarily through field hockey, but I loved the size of the school and when I stepped on campus it was absolutely beautiful.

Favorite On-Campus Meal (indicate dining place)? Why?:

My favorite on-campus meal comes from The Pub and it is a Chicken Pesto Wrap because they’re so good you can have them for either lunch or dinner.

Favorite Off-Campus Restaurant/Eatery (and why?):

I love the 1844 House because everything on the menu is delicious! It’s also a great place to go if you want something a little more fancy or are celebrating something.

What is on your must-have college packing list as a Laurentian/as a St. Lawrence student? Why?:

I must have my robe. After every shower, I put it on because there’s something I love about it.

Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Why?:

My favorite place to study on campus is either in the student center or in a room in the library but typically after 10 pm! I like to start my work late and if I’m not in a room I get distracted by people who I want to talk with.

What is on your St. Lawrence bucket list (to-do before you graduate)? Why/who gave you this idea?:

I want to put up a tent on the quad and camp outside with friends one night because I feel like that would be fun.

Why did you join Her Campus at St. Law U? What are you looking forward to with HC St. Law U?:

I joined Her Campus at St. Law U because I enjoy writing and all the members are really outgoing and welcoming. I am looking forward to writing more articles and building up my portfolio!

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?:

I am a member of the Field Hockey Team here at SLU so in my free time I enjoy playing and working out with my teammates. I love to sit outside and chat and hang out with friends, and I LOVE to shop online (specifically for shoes, jewelry, and sweatshirts!)

We are so happy to have you on our team, Abby!

Be sure to check out Abby’s articles here!

Be sure to check out our social media platforms here!

Abby Williams

St. Law U '23

Hi! I'm Abby Williams and I am a sophomore from New Jersey! I plan on being a combined Environmental Studies and English major with a minor in Peace Studies! I am also a defender of the Field Hockey Team here at SLU! When I am not studying or practicing, I love to spend time with my friends on the quad. I enjoy going to the beach, shopping, and watching Rom-Coms!
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.