Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Simple and Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gifts For All of Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Written by Sydney Giacin (’21)

Growing up, my parents always gave my brothers and me chocolates or something small on Valentine’s Day (my dad also always got me something small too like a teddy bear or flowers :’) what a great dude). 

As I’ve grown older, I haven’t always seen Valentine’s Day as just a day for that ~special someone~ (and not because I’ve always been single, but if we’re being honest here I have been for most of them. Shoutout to the high school boyfriend for those nice few years!) but also as a day to show my love for my close friends.

Below are gifts for all different kinds of friends! I’ve always loved getting gifts for people, but I’m also a broke college student so these gifts will say ILYSM to your friends without breaking the bank.

Cute stuffed animal

Your bed is arguably the most important part of your space. Not only is it where you spend most of your time, but it is the focal point to all who enter your tiny space. Adding a fur throw and pillows can take your space to a whole new level. Also, adding a no-nails headboard like the one from Pottery Barn shown here can make the space feel much more like home. 

Face masks

Who doesn’t love a good facemask?! Face masks (especially sheet masks) are nice, inexpensive, and a great way to treat yo self during these loving times. You can even get multiple and do them together for a relaxing time.

A new nail polish

With most nail salons being closed right now or in lower capacity due to COVID, I’ve been doing my nails myself at home a lot. A cute new color of nail polish is really fun (and also lasts FOREVER).

Literally ANYTHING homemade.

As I was writing this, my best friend dropped off homemade chocolate chip cookies. It made my DAY! Homemade gifts, edible or not, tug at the heart strings a little more because that person took time out of their day to create something personal, just for you, you special cookie (pun intended, even though it was SO cringe.)

A cool accessory (visor, hat, scarf, etc.)

Who doesn’t love to accessorize?! I was recently shopping for my housemates and found a really cute multicolored blanket scarf for my one roommate that I just knew they would love (and it was on sale for $5!). For my other housemate who’s a little more sporty, I found them a really cool visor that was the color of their favorite NHL team. Something about college aged kids loving visors man. Gotta show off the hair.

A cute mug 

I don’t know about you, but my friends and I are all addicted to caffeine. What better way to say “Hey buddy, ILY” than with a new mug they’ll use for their daily coffee fix? You can get a pretty, elegant mug, a mug with a funny saying, or even a mug of their favorite Marvel character! (Captain America is the best in my humble opinion. How could you not love Chris Evans?)

The Good Ole Classroom Valentine!

Remember when we were kids and you would make valentines for all of your classmates? Who said that had to stop?! A pack of 40 is around $3 and you can get some small candies to tape on there too. Write a small note, love poem, or whatever your heart desires on it and seal it with those cute heart shaped stickers that come in the package and send them off! 

At the end of the day, any friend that receives a gift from you, whether it’s as small as a note on your pillow or as big as a giant teddy bear that takes up your entire Twin XL, will feel loved knowing that you thought of them on this day. But if you’re feeling stumped, I hope these ideas helped inspire you. Wishing you and all your friends and loved ones a safe and happy Valentine’s Day! <3

Disclaimer: Her Campus at St. Law U is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned in this article.

Did you enjoy this article? Be sure to check out more of our articles and our socials! Are you interested in joining? Be sure to reach out to us on our platforms or fill out the sign-up link: https://linktr.ee/hcstlawu

We are Her Campus St. Law U.