Profile: Allie Roberts ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Meet Allie Roberts! Allie is Junior from Ithaca, New York. She is an Economic-Statistics major, as well as an incredibly involved member of the St. Lawrence campus. Allie is the President of Delta Delta Delta sorority, as well as an active member of the Crown Royalties Investment Club and co-founder of the Society of Women in Business. Allie also spent last semester studying abroad in Prague! Other than her academics and co-curricular activities, Allie spends time cooking and playing with her golden retrievers. 

What is the most rewarding part of the being President of Delta? 

Being President of Delta is such an honor. It’s incredible to represent the Beta Chapter as a whole, especially in the national spotlight. Our chapter is so unique, which is what makes the job so special. It’s an incredible opportunity to be able to share the accomplishments of what we do in our chapter. I recently attended a Tri Delta national conference, during which I was able to learn so much about Delta and how our chapter functions at the national level. 

What is the most challenging part about being President?

The most challenging part for me is trying to lead without micromanaging. I’m a very independent person, especially when it comes to completing what needs to be done. As President, I’ve learned a lot about my leadership style. I’m someone who prefers to do it all myself, but as time has gone on, I’ve learned that it’s more effective to delegate tasks to other people and manage responsibility. 

What is Delta’s Philanthropy?

The Beta Chapter is very passionate about raising money for our philanthropy, which is St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. It means a lot to us. St. Jude’s conducts extensive research and treats children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. It’s such an incredible cause. We actually have a basketball tournament coming up this Sunday, March 12th, from 1-5 with all proceeds going to St. Jude’s. It’s going to be a really fun event and we’re looking forward to raising as much money as possible. We encourage everyone to sign up, but for those who aren’t interested in playing basketball, we also have great raffle prizes.

What was your favorite part of going abroad?

My favorite part of going abroad was definitely getting to travel around Europe and experience so many different cultures with my friends. I loved every second of my time in Prague. Other than Prague, my favorite place that I visited was Kraków, Poland.