Park Bros Drinks To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

For those of you that don’t know, Park Bros is in downtown Potsdam about 15 minutes from campus. It’s a cute little place that has tons of options from coffee, tea and other specialty drinks. The owners of Park Bros also own the Bagelry, which is why you can get some of the things on Park Bros menu here in Canton.  Either way, I recommend you get to one of the locations and try out a drink. Of course they have items on their list like the classic Espresso, Cappuccino, Drip Coffee, and Nitro Cold Brew, but I like to have more specialty drinks. I enjoy going to Park Bros at least once a week to get off campus and do homework, so I’ve tried quite a few drinks and here are some of my favorites!

1. Matcha Latte — though I prefer mine iced, it also comes as a regular latte.  Matcha is a fine green tea powder and has some good benefits. It’s definitely an acquired taste because it can taste “earthy” and a little bit sweet because there is sugar mixed in the matcha specific for lattes. This is definitely my go to!

2. Regular Latte — I would suggest iced for when the weather is hotter, but it’s based on your preference. Park Bros has house made syrups and I’ve tried the mocha, vanilla, and pumpkin spice (for the fall) syrup in my iced latte and they are all delicious. They also have a few more, so you can keep it interesting and mix up your syrup each time you go in.

3. Loose Leaf Tea — I love drinking hot tea in the winter from here, their tea is some of the best that I’ve tried.  My favorite hot tea from them is definitely Earl Grey. As for iced tea, that’s perfect for a hot day when it finally reaches the 60 and 70 degree weather up in the North Country. For an iced tea I would highly recommend the Tarte Peach with a little bit of sweetener!

4. Aussie Iced Latte — this is pretty much an iced latte but with vanilla ice cream (they use Haagen Dazs) instead of ice. My friend tried this and loved it!

5. Hot Cocoa — hot chocolate is a nice, feel-good treat for the cooler months in Canton. They even have homemade marshmallows that they roast and then put on top!

There’s even more items on their menu like Smoothies, Steamers, and Masala Chai. If you ever see something on the menu that you have not heard of, just ask and they’ll be happy to describe it to you. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and willing to help!

** All photos courtesy of Park Bros Coffee**

Megan is a Senior at St. Lawrence University, Majoring in Biology and Double Minoring in Communications and Sports Studies. Megan enjoys working out, fashion and watching videos on YouTube. Her celeb role model is Jessie James Decker. Outside of school, Megan loves hanging out with her friends, going to the beach, hiking and traveling with her family.