This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

If you haven’t discovered the Nature Storehouse yet… YOU’RE MISSING OUT. I sadly didn’t discover this place until the end of my Freshman year, despite the store being located right in Canton down the street from the Bagelry. Now having gone for the past two years, I can strongly say that I absolutely love the place, and highly recommend trying it out!  

For starters, the store itself is a cute and quaint place that sells freshly made soups, salads, wraps, bread, nuts, fruit, produce, and much more. Their soups of day are absolutely delicious. They change everyday, but always have three different kinds to choose from. Some examples are split pea, butternut squash, quinoa lentil, tomato, and three bean. I’ve never been disappointed by any of the soups, and they’re happy to let you try some before committing to one! My personal favorite soup is the split pea soup, which I just recently tried the other day! (Tip: I put in some hot sauce or Sriracha to give it some kick.) 

They also have a small fridge stocked with homemade salads and wraps. Again, they rotate which kinds they put out every day, but you really can’t go wrong with any! The salads are a refreshing, side dish, filled with healthy, local ingredients to fuel you for the rest of your day. My favorites are the kale, avocado salad and the quinoa superfoods salad. The wraps are also quite tasty if you’re looking for more than a simple salad. They generally have the same three most days: the peanut butter crunchy wrap, the fiesta wrap, and the tofu wrap.  

Other than their pre-made food, the store is loaded with their homemade trail mixes, crackers, nuts (chocolate/yogurt covered or plain), dried fruits, chips, and more. I’ve only recently explored more of their selection and am not as well versed in all of it, but everything I’ve tried so far, I’ve loved! My favorites have been the yogurt covered peanuts, dried mangoes, and their nutty granola (all thanks to a friend of mine who showed me)! 

I have still not discovered everything the Nature Storehouse has to offer, but I am certainly eager to keep finding new yummy treats. Most items in the store are healthy and local, and the women who work there are unbelievably nice, and always happy to give assistance and answer any questions. They also have a large selection of vitamins, if you’re looking to keep your body happy and healthy! They take CWA which is an awesome bonus, and have Soup Cards to get a free soup after you’ve purchased ten. Not to mention it’s walking distance from campus! 

If you haven’t gotten over to the store yet, hopefully my love for it has sparked some interest! They’re a great addition to the town of Canton, and appreciate the support SLU students provide. So take a crisp, fall walk outside with a friend and reward yourself with a warm soup and some snacks. You won’t regret it!  

I’m Daphne Stanton and I’m a sophomore at St. Lawrence.
Charlotte Barry

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Charlotte Barry and I am a member of the SLU Her Campus chapter!