This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

This article is not sponsored. All opinions are 100% mine.

Happy Birthday to You Wall Decor
Photo by Anna Tarazevich from Pexels
When I tell you that I have never watched so many movies before in my life, I am telling you the truth. I watched more movies over quarantine than I ever thought I would, not to mention movies I never thought I’d watch before.

Here are some movies that I watched over quarantine:

1. Star Wars* – Small flex: I watched all nine “Episodes” within 72 hours.

2. The Marvel Cinematic Universe* movies – I watched them all except for Ant-Man, Spiderman (if anybody knows where to stream the Spider-Man movies for free, please contact me. I hope to save money here!), and Captain Marvel (but it’s never too late, right?)

3. Ocean’s Series – I watched Ocean’s Eight while it was in theaters, but I couldn’t NOT watch them once Netflix released them! It’s got you at the edge of your seat as you yearn for how they’re going to solve their mission.

4. 13th – If you haven’t seen this documentary about the injustices that Black people in America face, especially when it comes to the jail system, it’s worth a watch!

5. One Child Nation – If you are at all curious about China’s One-Child Policy, this is available on Amazon Prime Video. It’s definitely not an easy documentary to watch, but I think people will learn a lot from watching it. As a Chinese adoptee, I find this incredibly important, as well.

* I recognize how late to the game I am with being obsessed with these movies. I feel as though these movies are timeless and have an entertainment style that I’m sure the grandchildren of Gen Z will enjoy, as well. It’s better late than never, am I right?

Movie Theater Popcorn
Photo by dbreen from Pixabay
Now that it’s a New Year, I am excited to share some of my most anticipated movies for 2021!

1. Black Widow (May 7th) – This movie is on my list to continue my love for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and if you’re a Marvel fan, I’m sure you can relate to this as well! Streaming night, anybody?

2. Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 2) – I know this movie sounds childish, but I will not lie and say I didn’t like the Despicable Me series. The movies are funny, and how can you not adore those yellow minions?

3. Sing 2 (TBD) – I loved the first movie, “Sing!” The cast was incredibly talented, and Tori Kelly is one of my all-time favorite artists. Believe it or not, rumor has it that Matthew McConaughey, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendez, Idina Menzel, and Scarlett Johansson (YES, BLACK WIDOW) are the stars of this sequel.

4. ANYTHING MARVEL (PHASE 4 COMING SOON) – Not to be Tom Holland and spilling spoilers (I HAVE NO SPOILERS), there are so many Marvel-related movies premiering this year, and I am elated.

1. Eternals – This is a series; and, I will confidently share my own opinion about Loki: he may be my favorite “villain” in MCU–how can you at least not like Tom Hiddleston??

2. WandaVision (Series) (JANUARY 15th) – Although this is a series, it’s about time that the third and youngest Olsen sister has her spotlight!

3. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (March 2021) – I am very excited to watch Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan work together more for this series. I would explain more about it, but then I’d become Tom Holland and spoil the Avengers movies for those who haven’t seen up to End Game.

4. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (July 9, 2021) – As an Asian American (and Chinese American) myself, I am very interested in seeing how they portray a Chinese character. (Disclaimer: I know very little about this character–another reason why it’s a big deal for the release of this movie)

While I am a BIG Marvel fan, I am challenging myself to explore other movie genres. If you have any movie recommendations to add to my TBW (to-be-watched) list, please share them via social media! I am very excited to hear what your most anticipated movies are for the upcoming year. HCXO!

Connect with us on social media!

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.