Join the Her Campus St-Law-U Team Next Fall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

If you are looking to get involved and want to have a voice on campus, Her Campus St. Law U is a great place for you! Current and future Chapter Correspondents tossed around a few ideas on why we think Her Campus is such a great organization!  

REASONS TO JOIN HER CAMPUS ST LAW U NEXT FALL:  

1. Her Campus is the #1 online mag for college women… isn’t that enough?! 

2. It’s a great way to show off your writing capabilities- plus it isn’t work, it’s fun! 

3. Along with showing off your writing capabilities, it’s a great place to practice different types of writing. When’s the last time you got to write an article about your favorite activities on campus, your favorite people on campus, etc. 

4. It’s a place to share and express your ideas as well as your friend’s ideas on current campus events and issues. 

5. You want a resume builder? Here it is. 

6. Inclusive group of girls to work and collaborate with. It’s a great way to meet people you may not have known and interact with people in all grades. 

7. Being a member includes event planning, involvement on campus, and a fun way to get your name out there and reach all the ladies in our community. 

8. It’s a nice break from boring schoolwork. Writing and editing for Her Campus gets your creative juices flowing! 

9. It’s a small time commitment. We meet once a week to go over the following weeks article lineup, other than that you can make of it what you would like by writing articles of your choice!  

10. It allows you to get creative and collaborate with peers! You get to share some cool foods to eat around campus, stylish outfits to wear, creative presents to make, and more… 

11. Whether you are planning on pursuing a journalism/english, communications, or economics major, we can guarantee that your skill sets can be applied to at least one of our teams within our Her Campus Chapter (ie. PR, marketing, event planning, social media, editing, writing, overseeing the club, etc.) 

12. It’s great way to connect with Her Campus alumni working in all different jobs, as well as other people who are a part of different Her Campus Chapters at different schools.

Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!
Greta Massey is a sophomore at St. Lawrence University in Canton NY. She is majoring in Communications with a minor in Sports Studies. Creative writting is a passion of hers, which is something that she hopes to expand on in her future. She is currently a member of the Varsity Women's Lacrosse team as well as Delta Delta Delta sorority on campus. Outside of school she enjoys spending time with friends and family and teaching tennis in the Summer to kids.