This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Let’s face it. We all have this vision of getting 4.0s in every class while still making time for self-care. But the reality is, most of us still dread the idea of even putting in the time or effort to study. Because of this, many of us wait until the very last minute to open a textbook or start typing a paper. We know this cramming makes our grades suffer, yet we do it anyway. But starting early is not as bad as our emotions lead us to believe. All one needs is some good motivation, which seems impossible. However, I have found that it is possible to find good motivation, and it is has helped me get better grades. Since finals week is just around the corner, I decided to compile the best ways to motivate yourself and slay your finals.

Look at study accounts on social media

Believe it or not, people run blogs about their study habits. On Instagram, they have what are called Studygrams, where people post photos of how they take notes, schedule their study time, and even how to bullet journal. On Tumblr, they have Studyblrs, where people create blog posts about their study routines. Some of these accounts even have YouTube channels that supplement their blog and Instagram posts. Just seeing these on my social media accounts encourages me to get started on homework or studying, so I suggest checking them out.

Get cute school supplies

Honestly, I do not know how I would get through any semester without my Lily Pulitzer agenda, cute folders, notebooks, highlighters, pens, and pencils. There is just something about pretty school supplies that really encourages me to do my work, so I would recommend investing in them if you want to get motivated and stay motivated throughout the semester.

Write down your goals in the form of a checklist

If you write a checklist of what you want to accomplish and check everything off as you go, you will feel better about studying and will want to keep doing it.

While this might not work for everyone, I have found that these have given me more incentive to study when I really don’t want to. So, try some of these out, and they might inspire you to not only study but be an overall more productive person.

Hannah Smelter

St. Law U '21

Writer that is passionate about veganism, books, and self-help
Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors!