Style

How to Find the Perfect Holiday Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

The holiday season is approaching which inevitably brings along the stress of finding the perfect outfit for various occasions. You can’t wear the same dress to formal and your family Christmas party, correct?

False! There are many dresses that can be adjusted to be appropriate for various occasions. Here are a few combinations.

Dresses:

#1: I am obsessed with this Privacy Please dress featured on Revolve for $171. The puff sleeve is totally on trend for 2018. Additionally, the square-neck is flattering on many body types.​#2: This is the perfect little black dress. The ruffles are not stiff, therefore they lay well on all shapes, and the ruffle accent on the shoulder is also very flattering. The lack of symmetry on the dress attracts the eye. Bardot is the designer and it is featured on Revolve for $171. Make sure to check this dress out here!#3: Don’t let the body-hugging aspect of this dress scare you! The straight neckline matched with the flare sleeve creates a very slimming effect around the body. The designer of this dress is About US and it can be found here on Revolve for $88.​#4: I love the femininity of this dress. The off the shoulder, ruffle, and polka dot combination on sheer fabric creates an elegant but sexy feel. Majorelle, the designer, did a wonderful job in creating such a flirty and flattering dress. This dress can be found on Revolve for $208! 

Accessories for a Formal:

To make the dress suitable for a formal, one could accessorize with simple earrings such as the BaubleBar Cassandra Hoop Earrings ($34) on SHOPBOP or spice it up with the BaubleBar Crystal Strand Earrings ($19). If you are going for a sexy and fun look, you can finish the outfit off with a pair of Nasty Gal Purr-fect Illusion Leopard Heels ($30) or keep it simple in Nasty Gal Strut In Faux Suede Heels ($25).

Accessories for a Family Party:

A more conservative option, suitable for a family Christmas party consists of a black heel, neutral statement earrings with heart or bow accents, and a simple bracelet. The following are two great affordable statement earrings: BaubleBar Imitation Pearl Studs with Fabric Heart Earrings ($38) on SHOPBOP; BaubleBar Velvet Crystal Bow Statement Drop Earrings ($48) on SHOPBOP. Black suede pointed toe stiletto heel pumps are very sophisticated but also are an eye-catcher. Check out Sam Edelman’s Margie Pumps ($120) on SHOPBOP. Open toe stiletto heels with feather details are a fun touch as well. Check Out Nasty Gal’s Slip Into Something Feather Heel ($25).

Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors!