This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Just because the weather outside is a little dull doesn’t mean your skin has to be! Here are a few easy steps to get your glowiest skin this winter.

Turn down the heat – As appealing as it is sometimes, try to avoid using extremely hot water when showering or washing your face, as the heat strips the good oils from your skin, which will dry it out.

Avoid using harsh cleansers – Don’t get too harsh on your skin, especially in the winter. Harsh cleansers will leave your skin dry and flaky.  

Moisturize – Moisturizing is important, especially after washing, to replenish any of the oils that have been stripped by hot water and cleansers. There are moisturizers for all skin types from dry to oily. You can even try out a hydrating face mask!

Don’t forget sunscreen – Just because it’s not sunny and 75 degrees, doesn’t mean you should skip out on the SPF. The sun’s rays are strong enough to penetrate clouds, so the lack of clear skies doesn’t mean you’re fully protected. You don’t need to pull out the SPF 50; there are tons of moisturizers with SPF in them!

Drink water! – Colder weather means more grabbing for coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, but don’t forget about water to hydrate from the inside out. Infuse your water with fruit to keep it interesting and flavorful!

Exfoliate – Exfoliating gets rid of the dead skin cells on the top of your skin, helping reveal the glowing skin underneath.

Use a mask – Get one from Rite Aid or Sephora, or look on Pinterest for some DIY ideas! Masks are a great way to rejuvenate your skin. Also perfect for your next girls night in.