To The Girl Who Has Forgotten About Herself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

You stand out. No matter what, you are always willing to sacrifice yourself for someone else. The world has watched you wipe away your tears because someone else needed a shoulder to cry on. We’ve seen you procrastinate your final paper because someone else needed help studying. We’ve stood by while you did extra sprints because your teammate needed motivation to push through. We know you would give up something of yourself without hesitation for anyone who might need it. You are compassionate, you are caring, and you are selfless.

Photo creds: Rebecca Lammersen

Remember, even when life becomes a whirlwind, don’t overlook your own needs and your own dreams. Don’t forget about the roots of what makes you who you are. You are free to be fearless, unpredictable, and happy. You are also free to be scared, sad, and stressed at times. However, don’t ever be afraid to ask for help in the same way you offer help to others.  

To the girl who has forgotten about herself, stop. Stop and rediscover your own life, your own happiness. Don’t stop putting others before yourself, if that is your nature, but stop forgetting about yourself in the process. Just be you.