This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Fall is finally here! The shorts and tank tops will surely be missed; however, here are a six fresh new trends that are bound to make the transition into fall 2016 easier for you!

1. Distressed Jeans – Distressed jeans can be easily dressed up or worn casually. They have the ability to keep your legs cool during those warm fall afternoons and look cute with almost every shoe.

1. Choker Necklaces – From nights out to everyday wear, choker necklaces have become essential to every girl’s wardrobe. The picture below shows necklaces made by SLU’s very own Katelyn O’Toole. If you’re interested, email kgopearls@gmail.com for your very own custom made pearl choker.

1. Puffy Vests – Vests are the perfect jacket for brisk fall mornings. They layer well with sweaters and go perfect with jeans, leggings and skirts. Our favorite style comes from J.Crew, where they have a huge selection of colors and patterns.

4. Over the Shoulder School Bag – A college schedule makes it much easier to skip the backpack some days and exchange it for a cute over the shoulder bag. This fall, girls are grabbing leather totes to go perfectly with warm sweaters. Adding a purse scarf or a tassel bag charm is also a fun way to switch things up.

5. Jean Jackets – Jean jackets make life so much easier when it comes to cold mornings that turn into warm afternoons. They can be paired nicely with dresses and leggings, and can be worn going out or heading to class.

6. Sneakers – Not only on campus but all over the world people are obsessed with Converse. They always seem to match a fall season inspired outfit; although, any type of fun fashionable sneakers makes walking back and forth across campus so much more enjoyable.  Other great sneaker brands you’re bound to spot on campus are vans, supergas and adidas.

Freshman at St. Lawrence University