This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

I tried to keep up with the high-fashion runways of New York City, Paris and Milan on social media and online and there was one fluid theme through all of these shows and designers, the eighties are back. From neon colored oversized sweaters to shoulder pads, the eighties look is predicted to be the hottest trend this fall and winter. These runway looks are extravagant, but simultaneously mesmerizing and can be easily toned down and replicated for everyday wear.

Shoulder Pads

The following two images were taken from the Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2018-2019 ready to wear runway show. Although these models looked like that walked off the set of Beetlejuice, the look of shoulder pads is slimming on most, if not all figures, and blazers that appear such as these can be found at any thrift store.

Floral Patterns

The following dress appeared in a Saint Laurent par Anthony Vaccarello show during Paris fashion week. A similar dress to this beautiful one can be found anywhere from Forever 21 to Free People, as floral patterns are classic.

The Holographic Look

Although this model looks like she is going to a high fashion Titus celebration, the holographic material was seen across runways this fashion month. Good thing holographic jackets can be found at the local Walmart and not just by Balmain.

Finally, the Oversized Jean Jacket

Jean jackets are a classic must-have to everyone’s wardrobe. I love the oversized style because not only is it cute but it is comfortable and can be worn in every season. I love layering sweaters or sweatshirts underneath my jean jacket- overall an oversized jean jacket is a fabulous and classy transition piece.

All images found on https://en.vogue.fr/fashion/fashion-inspiration/diaporama/fall-winter-2018-2019-fashion-trends/49630#epaules-carrees-les-tendances-mode-de-la-saison-automne-hiver-2018-2019_image5

Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors!