Everything You Need to Know about Peak Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Classes are in full swing, athletics are under way, and the weather is still warm. You’re busy… we all are! But this weekend is the time to put your weekly routine aside, because in case you haven’t heard, it’s Peak Weekend! Whether you are new to campus this fall or have been here for what seems like forever, Peak Weekend is something you don’t want to miss. As Laurentians here in the North Country, we are so lucky to have the Adirondack Mountains right next door. And, thanks to the Outing Club here on campus, we all get the chance to experience the beauty of the Adirondacks during the fall. There will be trips tailored for beginners all the way to those who are avid, passionate hikers. Some trips will be overnight, so plan accordingly. The Outing Club will be having an info session complete with trip sign-ups this Tuesday, September 26th, at 4:20pm in the Enchanted Forest. If you’re not sure where that is you can ask a friend, but if you walk to the Outing Club’s house (on Park Street) and cross the street, you’ll be pretty close to exactly where you need to be. The Outing Club is also selling Peak Weekend tshirts and tanks that they hand-designed all throughout the week in the Student Center, so be sure check those out as well (1 for $15 or 2 for $20, so pay with a friend and enjoy the discount!).  

The leaves are beginning to change, but the sun is still shining and the air isn’t cold yet, so grab a friend or two or three, your hiking boots or a pair of old sneakers, some water and something to take pictures with, and let’s get out there!

Who?: You!

What?: Peak Weekend!

When?: September 29th-October 1st  

Where: The Adirondack mountains!

But first…

What: Info session and trip sign-ups

When: This Tuesday, September 26th, at 4:20pm

Where: The Enchanted Forest, across from the Outing Club’s house

(photos: Carlo Alcos, Sun Surfer)

.