DIY Natural Face Masks To Make This Season

Colder temperatures, harsher winds, stress levels, air pollution, too much makeup, and many other factors could be the cause(s) of any skin issues you are facing right now! The good thing is that there are many natural ingredients that you can pick up from the grocery store on the cheap to keep in your dorm room, and you could probably find them in your kitchen at home over school break as well. Take a look!

Ingredient: Honey

Benefits: Most known for moisturizing and acne-fighting abilities, honey is also great for overall complexion (you’ll get a glow!) and antioxidants that help slow down aging. These properties make it the perfect fix for tired, dry skin during tough work weeks with little sleep. You can also mix honey with a little bit of avocado or yogurt for a natural, moisturizing hair mask.

Image result for honey pinterest

Ingredient: Milk

Benefits: Milk is full of vitamin A, which will help soothe dry patches. In addition, milk not only cleanses the skin of excess oil and dirt (which clog pores to form acne), but also contains lactic acid which fights off microbes that are responsible for it in the first place. You can soak a cotton pad with it and pat it all over your face and then wash off with your normal cleanser.

Image result for milk pinterest

Ingredient: Oats

Benefits: Oats are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Oats contain saponins, which means they have natural cleansing properties. They also help treat and soothe any skin irritations or inflammations, including wind burn during the cooler months! You can combine oats with some milk and let the mixture sit on your face for 10 minutes or more, and this will help cure any puffiness you have from lack of hydration or sleep.

Related image

Ingredient: Brown Sugar

Benefits: Perfect for sensitive skin, brown sugar is a safe & gentle but effective exfoliant due to its smaller, granular particles. You can mix a little bit of it with any oil (such as coconut or olive) and lightly massage it into your skin to reveal a healthy glow! You could also choose to leave the mixture on your skin for a little longer to help moisturize any dry areas as well.

Image result for brown sugar

Ingredient: Avocado

Benefits: Mixing in avocados to your diet alone will help your skin, but the green ingredient can also be used in your face masks as well. Avocados contain vitamin E, vitamin B, and many amino acids that enhance the skin’s surface. Try pairing some smashed avocado with any of the ingredients listed above (honey, milk, oats, oil, etc.) or with some egg for moisturizing, some lemon juice for antibacterial action + vitamin C, or some cucumber to treat acne and unclog pores.

Related image

(Sources/Pictures: Seventeen, Serving Joy, bellatory.com)