absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Breakfast With Bex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

“You oat to know that this blog is cereal-sly no yoke…” -Rebecca Doser

(Photo by Tara Freeman, St. Lawrence University)

“Everyone has a secret obsession & mine just happens to be breaking out of bed to prepare delicious and healthy breakfasts!”. In March of 2014, Rebecca Doser, a current senior at St. Lawrence University, jokingly made a food Instagram account called @breakfastwithbex. She wasn’t expecting this to be a huge thing, but instead something she would do for fun. Today, @breakfastwithbex has over 3,000 followers. Over the past two years, she has made monumental strides on campus as she has become an influential and well-known leader.

Rebecca has always loved food.  She would occasionally post food Instagram’s on her personal account. Bex uses hashtags wisely to group her posts and makes puns with every gram, which makes her account different from most. Everyone can post a picture of food, but not everyone can post a picture of food with her creativity. She was featured on the well-known “Infatuations” Insta account New Year’s day 2015, and from there her account has grown! Because of this, Rebecca was able to showcase her skills and expose herself to St. Lawrence University. She was then featured on the school account for current students and alums: @Herewegosaints. From this exposure alone she was able to gain 400 more followers, People love it! One follower has said, “I look forward to @breakfastwithbex every morning.” (I can attest to that too).

So, why not take things further? Bex became the campus correspondent for Spoon University and has gained a strong and positive presence on campus. Becca has also made huge advances in her life since starting this Instagram and blog account. Not only has she learned so much throughout the process, but she has also made headway in her career before graduation and gained a prominent internship. Most importantly, she has been a role model for many women and does so by showing us that you can achieve anything.  @breakfastwithbex set the pace for SLU students and really proved that doing what you love is possible.

If you’re feeling creative in the kitchen, or simply want to check out some eats that are sure to make your mouth water, hit up http://breakfastwithbex.com/.

Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!
Greta Massey is a sophomore at St. Lawrence University in Canton NY. She is majoring in Communications with a minor in Sports Studies. Creative writting is a passion of hers, which is something that she hopes to expand on in her future. She is currently a member of the Varsity Women's Lacrosse team as well as Delta Delta Delta sorority on campus. Outside of school she enjoys spending time with friends and family and teaching tennis in the Summer to kids.