This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

We have officially entered the holiday season where it’s not quite Christmas but people have started feeling the Christmas spirit! My family loves to watch Christmas movies together but only in December. Since like us, not everyone is fully ready for Christmas in November, here are my top 5 holiday movies to watch in November to put yourself in the Christmas Spirit!

The Night Before Christmas (1993)

This movie is the perfect transition from the spooky season to the holiday season. It gives you a nice blend of Halloween and Christmas without being too Christmas-y!

Free Birds (2013)

Yes, this is a kids’ movie. However, this movie is so funny to watch and is perfect if you have younger siblings or family members. Owen Wilson and Amy Poehler are two of my favorite acts and they are hilarious in this movie. I mean, who doesn’t love time-traveling turkeys?!

Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

Thanksgiving day tradition right here! I love this movie because it not only shows the Thanksgiving Day Parade but it also gave us Kris Kringle. His character is such a charming, sweet, and kind old man that is convinced he is Santa Claus. This is such a wholesome family movie to watch. It has been recreated so many times and they are all amazing, however, I usually watch the 1947 one!

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)

No holiday is complete without Charlie Brown, so of course, you have got to watch the thanksgiving special. It’s such a cute classic movie to watch during Thanksgiving. The Peanuts gang is a must for this holiday season and every holiday season. In my opinion, the Thanksgiving special is the best!

Home Alone (1992)

Comedic Masterpiece right here. Young Macaulay Culkin really killed it in this one. Home Alone is about Christmas vacation but not really about Christmas, which makes this the perfect November movie! Home Alone 2 is also highly recommended for this holiday season!

While there are hundreds of Christmas movies out there to watch in December these are some of my favorite movies to watch in November/ for Thanksgiving! I hope you are able to watch some of these this holiday season! 

Disclaimer: Her Campus at St. Law U is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned in this article.

Be sure to check out our social media platforms here!

Alix DiOrio

St. Law U '21

Hi I'm Alix DiOrio! I am a senior at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. I am studying Psychology and Education with hopes of becoming a school counselor in the future!
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.