10 Things to do While you’re Home for Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Finals are finally OVER! That means it’s time to sit back, relax, and take time for some serious TLC. Here are a few ideas for things to do while you’re home for the next month!

1. Spend time with your friends from home!– It’s so nice to finally reconnect with your friends from home and share all of your different college experiences. Go grab a coffee, have a nice lunch, and debrief about your first semester this year. 2. Get a haircut!- Change it up from last semester!Whether it’s cutting off an inch or two, or a dramatic change of hairstyle, it will be nice to have a fresh cut going back to school.​

3. Treat yourself to a mani/pedi- No one has time to get their nails done during finals week, so when you finally have time at home, treat yourself to a little pampering. You could even throw a massage in there too!

4. Go ice skating- Take advantage of your winter at home! Visit a local ice skating rink with some friends to get a little winter exercise in!

5. Spend a full day on the couch- You deserve it. After a week of exams, papers, and stressing in the library, you deserve a personal day. Binge watch your favorite TV show and sip some hot chocolate on the couch. There’s no better feeling after such a stressful week!

6. Go to your favorite restaurant- Go out to eat at your favorite restaurant and treat yourself to a good meal!

7. Re-regulate your eating/sleeping habits to prepare for second semester- After finals week, your eating and sleeping habits are probably a little funky; use the extra time you have during break to re-establish a healthy routine!

8. Bake something!- De-stress by baking some cookies or brownies. You can never go wrong with a yummy treat, especially around the holidays. Grab some friends or a sibling and do it together.

9. Visit your favorite spots- Sometimes it’s super relaxing to go back to your favorite spots at home. Whether it brings back old memories, or just makes you feel at home again, it’s always good to have special places to return to.

10. Spend time with your family/siblings!- You know you miss them, and they miss you more than you think. Spend some quality time with all the members in your family. Whether it’s going on a walk with your dad, making dinner with your mom, or throwing the football around with your brother, time with your family is super important during your breaks!