Skin Treatments Worth Price Tag Feature Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

10 of My Favorite Skin Care Products for Combination Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Combination skin can be very hard to take care of and if you struggle with it as well, you are not alone!  I have struggled to find the right skincare products from a young age. My lower cheeks are dry, red, and bumpy, while my nose and chin are both oily and prone to breakouts. Finding the right skincare products can be extremely challenging and overwhelming. It seems like every day there are new products claiming to be better than the last. Not to mention the handfuls of ads on every social media platform, it feels never-ending! 

Making sure that you have the right skincare routine for your skin type is essential. After trying SO many products, I have put together a list of some of my favorites that I feel help to combat sensitive, dry skin, while also fighting breakouts. 

1. Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

This cleanser is easily my favorite. Over the past several years, I have found it to be the one product that I cannot live without. I use it both day and night as the first step to my skincare routine. It wipes away makeup, dirt, and sweat with ease without stripping my skin of its natural oils. It can be hard to find a cleanser that you can use all over your face that hydrates while simultaneously fighting acne, but look no further. It has dramatically helped with the red, dry, rough patches on my cheeks as well.

1. Tatcha The Deep Cleanse

Tatcha is always my go-to. This product is AMAZING. This oil-free gel cleanses and fights breakouts while also gently exfoliating the skin. Actually leaves my skin glowing. I usually only use this product 3-4 times per week.

1. Bioré®  Deep Pore Charcoal  Cleanser

After trying many drugstore skincare products over the years, Bioré is one I always found myself reaching for. Since my skin is mainly dry and sensitive, I use this on the areas that are prone to breakouts. Either way, totally my favorite for acne-prone skin, and it completely dries up the raging acne.

1. Tower 28 Beauty Save.Our.Skin Daily Rescue Facial Spray

After washing my face in the morning, I spray this all over my face before moisturizing. I’ve found that it has dramatically helped with any irritation and redness as well as fighting breakouts caused by wearing masks 24/7 these past few months.

1. Tatcha The Essence

This product is unlike any I have ever used. Applied after cleansing and before applying a moisturizer, this super hydrating liquid has helped even my skin tone and texture. I was skeptical to try it given the price, but it has lasted me almost a year now. It has dramatically made a difference in the way my skin looks and feels, especially during the winter months.

1. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer

Peter Thomas Roth is amazing all the way around. However, after spending every waking moment of my Summer under the sun, this dramatically saved my skin. This is my go-to daytime moisturizer because of its lightweight, non-greasy feel, and 45 SPF protection.

1. Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream

Another one of my Tatcha favorites. I have been alternating between Tatcha’s many face moisturizers over the last year now and have settled on this one. This is absolutely the best moisturizer for the blustery, cold winter weather in Upstate New York, it is super calming and super hydrating.

1. Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Facial Oil

I received a small sample of this oil in a monthly beauty subscription during quarantine and once I ran out, I immediately purchased more. If you have an uneven skin tone or texture, this is absolutely for you. I have struggled with it all of my life and I can easily say that this oil has done the best job by far. Super lightweight, it melts into your skin within minutes and leaves your face glowing. I use this both in the morning and at night, alternating between my other favorites depending on the weather. A little on the pricier side, but so worth it and will last you for months!

1. OleHenriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème

I have bounced back and forth between under eye creams for the last few years now but have found this one to be most effective at combating dark circles. I apply this morning and night, and sometimes even when priming my skin for a night out! 

1. Elemis Superfood Vital Veggie Mask

I’ve never had the best luck with face masks, whether they irritate my skin, or cause me to break out. But this mask, this was a game-changer. I only use it once or twice a week for about 15 minutes whenever my skin needs a little pick me up. It leaves my skin hydrated and glowing, and best of all combats redness.

Disclaimer: Her Campus at St. Law U is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned in this article.

Did you enjoy this article? Are you interested in joining? Reach out to us on our social media platforms here!

Jessica Bourcy

St. Law U '23

Jessica Bourcy is a student at St. Lawrence University majoring in Business and Government.
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.