This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

What Your Skin to Glow This Winter? Here’s How:

Winter is officially in full swing meaning its brick outside. Living in New York we all know how the weather could affect our skins, so it’s important to make sure that we take care of it. Here is some affordable winter beauty essential as we start transitioning from fall to winter:

1. Dry Skin. With the weather getting colder, our skin becomes dryer. As college student, we are constantly trying to find the best at the most affordable price. One of the best affordable body lotion to help keep your skin moisturize all winter is CeraVe Moisturizing lotion often retailing for simply $9. It is afforable and worth the try especially if you have sensative skin. However, during winter it’s often better to use body butter instead simply because it leaves your body moisturize for a much longer period of time. Having your skin moisturized for a longer period of time especially during the winter prevents it from becoming dryer in a shorter period of time. One of the best drugstore body butters is Nivea body butter retailing from $3-8. Although, I wouldn’t recommend body butter if you have naturally oily skin because could cause your skin to be oilier.
  2. Dry Lips. You can’t forget about chappy winter lips. It’s important to ALWAYS carry around a chapstick at all times in order to avoid having chappy lips. One of the best affordable chapstick around is Blistex. Most often you could find it while waiting on those check-out lines in target and they are never more than $5.For those going out nights, to keep you lips moistures and still give them a little of color it’s always important to have moisturizing lipstick. An affordable lipstick would NYX butter lipstick, but if you looking for something a little on the higher price Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color is my go to.
  3. Skincare. Although, it’s important to moisturize your body, it’s even more important to keep your face moisturize to prevent any breakout due to a dry skin. A reasonably priced cleanser that leaves your skin extremely soft is Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser.  The formula of this cleanser truly works as if the product was worth over $40, but in reality, it simply is $18. Not only does it have an amazing formula it also, has an amazing packaging. If you ever have time, I would definitely recommend stopping by the Glossier Showroom at 123 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10011.
  4. Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash
  5. Eyeshadow. Along with maintaining your skincare, let’s not forget about the essential winter make-up. One of the biggest winter eyeshadow trends during the winter is a darker eye look. A popular neutral eyeshadow pallet often used is the Naked Pallete. Although, Urban Decay has discontinued its Naked Pallete there are still some places such as Ulta that are still selling them. If you go to Ulta right now they still have some pallets in stock and are on sale for $27, which is half of its original retail price.
  6.  Foundation. It’s important to try and buy any hydrating foundation that way throughout the day your face doesn’t dehydrate. Some foundations that are good to use during the winter is Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation for a cheaper option. However, if you’re willing to spend a little more I would strongly recommend to but the IT cosmetics IT- 02 Ultra Repair Liquid Oxygen
Khelyn Arteaga

St. John's '21

A senior legal studies major at St.John's University. A New York City native that loves musical theater, hanging out with her friends, and going to Bryant park during holiday season.
London-Calderon is a Senior at St. John's University and is EIC for the chapter. She spends her time writing, listening to music and working on several unfinished books. When she graduates she plans on going into the workforce and reporting for a publication. She is also an intern at Newsday Media.