Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Happy Women’s History Month!!! The month of March acknowledges the strength and accomplishments of women throughout history and today. Not only that, but March also includes “International Women’s Day” on March 8th, a specific day to show our support. As women, it is important that we have a designated time to acknowledge and appreciate our efforts in society. However, this designated month isn’t a reason to not appreciate what we do all months of the year. The month of March is another great opportunity to value our hard work!

There are an endless amount of ways that you can celebrate Women’s History Month. Here are my suggestions:

1. Appreciate and thank the women in your family for their hard work and strength!
  2. Advocate for support from everyone!
  3. Listen to a Women’s History Month/Girl Power themed playlist.
  4. Show your support on social media.
  5. Research and educate yourself on powerful women in history.
  6. Research women-owned businesses and support them this month (and always). 
  7. Read inspirational quotes by women… they may just inspire you.
  8. Buy cute t-shirts or clothing that is Women’s History Month themed! Old Navy and Target usually have clothing for each designated holiday of the year.
  9. Implement Women’s History Month themed activities in your workplace. I have my students play Women’s History themed Kahoots at the beginning of class!
  10. If you’re a girl, treat yourself in your own ways! This is your month!

Some quotes to finish this article with…

“Girls are capable of doing everything men are capable of doing. Sometimes they have more imagination than men.” —Katherine Johnson

“Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” —Poet Maya Angelou

“Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” —Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court justice

Isabel O'Neill

St. John's '22

I am a senior Adolescent Education major with a concentration in Spanish. I enjoy writing about pop culture, current events, important topics, and things that make me happy. You can find me shopping, at Chipotle or listening to Harry Styles :)