This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Finals can be a nerve-wracking time where anxieties run high as you scramble to finish essays and projects and study for the many tests you must take. Finals are a stressful time for everyone, but there are ways to minimize stress and ensure that you do the best you can. 

One way to do this is to write up study guides and outlines of notes you’ve taken, textbooks, or the professor’s materials and power-points. Reviewing information by writing it down in outline or study guide style will help you retain that information and have it in a simple and accessible way to go back over it again as you study. 

With that being said, materials that professors provide, such as study guides, notes, past tests, or power-points are extremely helpful, as is asking for help. If you are confused or don’t understand something, don’t be afraid to ask a fellow student, friend, or professor for help. Getting help from other people is very helpful and forming a study group or group chat with fellow students can help. These should not be for cheating or sharing answers but are helpful for reviewing information, checking on dates, and answering questions on the materials. 

Making a schedule or chart for studying is helpful for ensuring you study more for the ones that are more difficult or are worth more or your grade and still making time for taking care of yourself and finishing other tasks. 

Organization is key! Finals are always stressful, but by doing some of these things, you can minimize your stress while still getting those good grades you work so hard for! 

Just a Nebraska gal in the Big Apple, a freshman at St. John's, and an advocate for rainy days, the color green, Harry Potter, thrifting, New Girl, and iced chai lattes with oat milk.
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.