This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Halloween season is over which means it’s the holidays! Which also means we get to go back home and continue the ways we entertain ourselves in a pandemic. The greatest thing about our generation is the number of resources we have to find creative outlets. While some of us can get in front of a camera and memorize all those Tik Tok dances at the exact same time, I know I’m the type to just scroll and send yummy looking recipes to my Mom. My Mom and I love to try new recipes, but the amount of snack time recipes on Tik Tok should be a crime. Sometimes I find these easy recipes to treat my whole family. Here are a few of my favorites, 5/5 stars only:

1. French Toast Sticks

As a french toast enthusiast, I had to try it. I literally did this recipe the first week in quarantine. It’s the exact way you make original french toast, by dipping bread into a bowl of beaten eggs with some milk and a few drops of vanilla extract. Except, you slice the bread into what looks like “french toast sticks.” My family loved it and it’s a quick process to satisfy your hunger. 

2. Strawberry Cheesecake Bites

My family would ask me to do it for all the weeks we would have family dinner together. Though it’s time-consuming to perfect the strawberries, the taste and presentation are all worth it. All you need is to make the cheesecake batter which only requires cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. But this can be a team effort, while the cheesecake mix is being perfected, strawberries need to be hallowed with enough room to fill it with the cheesecake mix. For a little extra presentation, crumble some graham crackers and coat the cheesecake batter. 

3. Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches

I’ve always dealt with this internal quarrel: what goes better with bananas? Peanut butter or Nutella? This recipe exists so I won’t have to answer this question. Though it takes about two hours to prepare because it tastes best frozen, it’s also something you can just make for yourself. All you have to do is slice bananas and make little peanuts butter sandwiches with the banana slices. Then you freeze those prepared sandwiches and dip them in Nutella! Then freeze them for another house and you’re all set. The ultimate Banana-Peanut butter-Nutella combination. 

Make sure you try these! 

Abigail is President of the St. John's Chapter. She is a Communication Arts Major from Pico Rivera, California. She loves her family, writing about pop culture, screaming Taylor Swift songs, and dancing at concerts.
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.