Season 6 of Big Mouth: Is It The Best Season Yet?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead

If you’re a comedy fan, you were probably on the edge of your seat awaiting the October 28th release of the Netflix show Big Mouth’s sixth season. Big Mouth is a comedic cartoon surrounding a group of middle schoolers navigating their confusing lives, all the while going through puberty. The show was created by comedian, Nick Kroll and has a star-studded cast, including comedians such as John Mulaney, Kristen Wiig, Jason Mantzoukas, Jordan Peele, and many more. This season somehow managed to be even more raunchy, inappropriate, and funnier than ever before.

Andrew Glouberman, a personal favorite of mine, saw a lot of action this season, as he entered a relationship with his Vermont lover from season five, Bernie Sanders (not to be confused with the political figure). Simultaneously, he was caught in his parents’ fights, as his mother wanted more appreciation, while his father was being difficult as usual. Andrew had more focus on his personal life this season which I enjoyed, as he is usually just known as the overly-horny weirdo of the bunch.

Andrew’s best friend, Nick Birch, had an interesting season as he unveiled a family mystery, which led to his grandfather entering his life. His grandfather, being a nit-picky man, contradicts the Birch family’s softer views on life, which causes chaos to ensue in the household.

Jessi Glaser continues to navigate her parents’ divorce, all the while her father’s new girlfriend, Kaitlin, becomes pregnant. Jessi is not excited about the arrival of the baby and even believes the baby is out to get her. Only on Big Mouth would there be a talking, evil baby.

A fan favorite, Miss Lola Skumpy, wins a lawsuit against Hot Pockets, in which she gains national attention, specifically from an old boyband. She is blinded by the fame, unaware of their true motives.

The rest of the main characters such as Missy Foreman-Greenwald, Jay Bilzerian, and Matthew Macdell steer through the troubles of life. Missy is interested in the new boy, Elijah, who is navigating his own sexuality. At the same time, Jay and Matthew are enjoying their budding relationship; however, Matthew tries to change Jay to be more like him.  

Overall, all the characters this season have their highs and lows, all the while making the audience laugh and sometimes considering how Netflix approved some scenes. The show continues to have scenes that contain wildly inappropriate bathroom humor that only a particular audience would find hysterical. This season may be up there as one of the best, and I strongly encourage all to watch.

Gianna Plavier

St. John's '26

Hi! My name is Gianna Plavier and I am a freshman at St. John's University. I am from Oakland, New Jersey and I am an Art History major. I am super excited about writing for Her Campus and also working on all the committees to get involved wherever I can!