Reality TV shows to Watch/Re-watch While on Corona Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

If you have been watching the news lately, I am sure you are aware that COVID-19 is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Lucky for us, neither is reality TV. Newer reality shows are always a lot of fun to watch, but we cannot forget about the OG’s. Once you hop off that Webex call and finish your discussion post, you probably want something mindless to entertain you that might also remind you that your life is not in absolutely terrible shape. And what could possibly be better than reality TV? All of these oldies but goodies are available on Hulu!

Dance Moms

One of my absolute favorite shows of all time, Dance Moms is royalty in the world of reality TV (and rich, snobby moms). Get ready for cat fights, costume malfunctions, and overall chaos. Plus take a look at where Maddy Ziegler got her start.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Honestly, any of the Real Housewives shows will do in this instance. I just happen to like Atlanta because of the one and only Nene Leakes of course. These women literally do nothing but sit around and talk. So, pull up a seat!

My Super Sweet 16

This one is a little different than the others on this list, because it features a different cast every episode. Nonetheless, it is an absolute must watch on my list. It features a teen in every episode who is throwing the most absolute over the top, extravagant, and extra sweet 16 ever. A few episodes feature celebrities in their younger days like Lil Wayne’s daughter Reginae Carter, Quincy Brown, and Bow Wow.

WAGS Miami

WAGS stands for Wives and Girlfriends of Sports Persons and that is all this show is about. From dinner on yachts, to exclusive clubs, to brunch on South beach, this show will have you booking a trip to Miami and maybe even a basketball game. And if you finish WAGS Miami, give LA and Atlanta a try.

Project Runway

I truly believe this show gets better with every season. The judges are phenomenal and if you are interested in fashion, you will not be able to get enough. This season Elaine Welteroth is a judge, and if that isn’t reason enough to give it a chance, I don’t know what is.

Taylor is a Senior English major at St. John's University. After college, she plans on pursuing graduate school and a career in Higher Education Administration.