Movies you don’t want to miss at the Tribeca Film Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

The Tribeca Film Festival officially started tomorow and we could not be more excited! Every year the TFF brings us some of the year’s most amazing movies so here are our picks for the absolute must sees for this year’s festival!

The Adderall Diaries

Based on the bestselling memoir by Stephen Elliott. James Franco plays author, Elliott, who has writer’s block and an Adderall addiction, which leads him to a world of a high-profile murder case. Franco acts alongside Amber Heard, Ed Harris who plays Elliott’s father, Cynthia Nixon, and Christian Slater.

Applesauce

Indie filmmaker, Onur Turkel, will take you for a wild ride of dark comedy, horror, and relationship drama based in New York City. The film is about a high school teacher, Ron Welz, who shares the worse thing he has ever done on a radio talk show. But what come next are events that affect his marriage and another couple. Next thing he knows someone is sending him body parts and he needs to uncover the person behind these messages before his life falls apart.

Ashby

Starring Nat Wolff and Emma Roberts, Ashby is about a boy Ed Wallis who thinks he is too smart for his new high school where he is bullied by everyone except the quirky, Eloise. With no help from his father who is gone and his mother (Sarah Silverman) who has problems of her own, Wallis asks his neighbor, Ashby Holt (Mickey Rourke) for help. It a story about a boy seeking a father figure and tough love.

Bare

Dianna Agron plays Sarah whose boring life is turned upside down when she meets spontaneous Pepper (Paz de la Huerta). Pepper introduces Sarah into her world of drugs, sex, and spirituality. With Sarah’s curiosity growing, she finds herself abandoning her friends and family for Pepper’s intoxicating habits. Director Natalia Leite’s debuts Bare as she illustrates Nevada’s vivid world of nightlife and the beauty of the desert.

The Driftless Area

Anton Yelchin stars as a young bartender named Pierre Hunter who returns back home after his parent’s death. He begins to fall for Stella (Zooey Deschanel), but then Pierre is pulled into a game that involves a criminal (John Hawkes) and a mystery that can determine all of their fates. 

Reza Moreno

St. John's

I am 19 years old from Southern Califronia currently a student at St. John's University. I love writing about fashion and sports. My hobbies include designing clothes, writing poems, and reading!
Contributor Account