This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Name: Michael Burke  

Hometown: Vernon, CT 

Year: Junior 

Major: Sports Management  

Relationship Status: Single  

Favorite Food: Italian  

Favorite Sports Teams: Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots  

Like many of the students here at SJU, Mike chose to become a Johnny mainly because of our school’s awesome location. Mike majors in Sports Management, and our Queens campus is close to some of the country’s favorite stadiums and fields, from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx to the MetLife Stadium in Jersey.

Mike is a member of the Sports Management Association on campus and he helps to fundraise for the Military Heroes Campaign. He is also a brother of Kappa Sigma Fraternity. When asked what his favorite thing about Kappa Sig is, Mike said, “I think the diversity because it’s really cool to see how people from all different backgrounds can come together and become such good friends.”

After graduation next year Mike hopes to go to Graduate School and earn his Masters Degree. Following which, he would love to start a family and work in the Marketing Department of a Major League Baseball team. 

Shoreline Bum. Writer. Artist. Future Lawyer. Connecticut Girl with a Big City State of Mind.
Contributor Account