Matt Singh – Pi Lambda Phi, Beta Omicron Chapter President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Name: Matt Singh

Fraternity: Pi Lambda Phi

Year: Junior

Major: Health and Human Services major with a concentration in Healthcare Administration

When and Why did you join greek life?

I am FPC 13 and I joined greek life because when I came to college I wanted to be part of a group that was involved on campus and would help me develop as a person.

What event are you most excited for?

The event I am most excited for is the basketball tournament because ball is life and and I enjoy playing. 

How was greek life impacted your college experience?

Greek Life has given me the best college experience I can ask for. It has provided me with a group of people that I can count on to support me while also providing me with a means to give back to my community and grow in my leadership capabilities.

What is the biggest challenge for your organization during Greek Week? 

The biggest challenge Pilam is facing during Greek Week was getting everything together for lipsync and learning our parts. However, we will get it done.

What sets your org apart from the rest? 

What sets apart Pi Lambda Phi from any other org is our diversity. We have brothers from different races, religions and creeds. We pride ourselves in our ability to appeal to people from every walk of life. We have the ability to relate to every organization on campus and find common ground with so many members that we, even beyond our brotherhood, have friendships everywhere.

A Junior at St. John's Univerity, President of Theta Phi Alpha- Alpha Epsilon Chapter, and Public Relations Chair for SGI! I am very involved on campus, and it's rare to find me anywhere else!  Originally from San Francisco, I am now an east coast lover! My major is Public Relations, and I aspire to be a college admissions counselor or a corporate recuiter!  Find me studying in DAC, hanging out with my sisters on the Great Lawn, or in line at Dunkin'!