This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Brian Hugh Warner, professionally known as Marilyn Manson, is a famous American hard rock singer, songwriter, and record producer from the 1990s. Some of his most popular songs are; Coma White, The Beautiful People, Sweet Dreams (are made of this). The rockstar is now facing sexual abuse allegations from different women. 

One of the women that accused Marilyn Manson of sexual abuse was American actress Evan Rachel Wood. Earlier in the month of February, Wood exposed her alleged abuser by revealing what her relationship that she had with Manson was like. 

“I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent,” Woods shared via Instagram on Feb 1. Wood accused Manson of sexual abuse, grooming, and manipulation. However, the musician has denied the claims, by stating that his “intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners”.

Thanks to  Wood’s statement, many other women went public with their stories that they have of Manson and how all the abuse allegations go back to nearly 25 years.

Actress Bianca Alleine also accused that Manson had non-consensually kissed her in 1995 when she was only sixteen.  Alleine also claimed that the two have had an abusive sexual relationship in 1998. “It was a very confusing relationship and, looking back, I feel it was emotionally abusive,” Alleine stated.

In 2001, Manson had assaulted security guard Joshua Keasler and was charged with felony fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct along with misdemeanor assault and battery. However, he and the security guard eventually reached a settlement, and Mason received a $4,000 fine. 

Another victim was Game Of Thrones actress Esmé Bianco. She accused the musician of abuse but telling how he would chase her around his home with an ax when they lived together in 2011. “I basically felt like a prisoner,” Bianco said, “I came and went at his pleasure. Who I spoke to was completely controlled by him. I called my family hiding in the closet.” 

The singer Phoebe Bridgers recounted her experience with the musician. “I went to Marilyn Manson’s house when I was a teenager with some friends. I was a big fan,” she shared via Twitter, “he referred to a room in his house as the ‘r*pe room’, I thought it was just his horrible frat-boy sense of humor. I stopped being a fan. I stand with everyone who came forward.”

In 2018, the House actress, Charlyne Yi, said in a tweet that Manson was a “huge fan of the show,” and would often come to visit the cast as they were filming the last season. Yi said that Manson “harassed just about every woman asking us if we were going to scissor, rhino & called me a China man.” 

It is said that the FBI is now involved with the case, and collaborating with Bianca Alleine. Allaine has set up a meeting with the bureau in Maryland. “I’m going to tell the FBI everything I know. I just hope they don’t let us down,” she said. “They are taking this very, very seriously, which they should.”

As the many accusations came to light, the Loma Vista Recordings label has ceased to further promote Marilyn Manson’s current album. Manson has also been edited out of an episode of the Starz series American Gods, and AMC’s Shudder service also confirmed that they will not be airing a segment of a forthcoming episode of its Creepshow TV series in which Manson is a part.

You can find additional information on these allegations from Billboard and NME

Hi! I’m Benedetta Tommaselli, I was born in Rome, Italy and live there for most of my life until the age of 12, when my my family and I had to move to the United States. Writing has always been a huge part of my life, it was a good way for me to express my thoughts and feelings about the world around me. As a journalism major, I’m determined to use my passion for writing but also being able to develop it so I can be better at it. Email: benedetta.tommaselli19@my.stjohns.edu
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.