This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

When you think of who is the best dressed male at St. John’s University you’ll think Igee Okafor. With his sophisticated style, when you see him walking around campus it looks like he walked straight out of a magazine. Okafor doesn’t just have style but charisma. He is an ambitious 21 year old junior here at St. John’s with an awesome future ahead. He made a brand for himself in only a year after starting a blog after his love for fashion and style grew. Be sure to follow Igee on Instagram @Igeeokafor and his blog www.igeeokafor.com

What is your major?I am a marketing major 

Where are you from?I am from Nigeria. I was born and raised in Lagos. 

What did you want to be when you grew up?When I was younger, I wanted to be a lot of things. Working in the creative/entertainment industry has been a recurring theme. 

What led you to start your own blog? Being a new comer, a visually stimulated person, and a lifestyle enthusiast led me to start www.igeeokafor.com. The purpose was to meet, teach, learn from, and connect with people who shared different variations of the same ideal. 

What inspired you to love fashion and make a career out of it?It’s a creative endeavor. I am a creative person and I get bored easily. Fashion is constantly changing and it is not one dimensional. It is not just one thing. It’s art, it’s photography, it’s music, it’s a class, it’s an aura. All of these invigorating elements contribute to the reason I am in fashion. It’s one work but like music, there are so many different genres.

What is one exciting experience that happened to you while being a blogger?Paris Hilton and I took an elevator together at the Alon Livne’s fashion week show in 2014. 

Are you a part of any other clubs on campus?I am Vice President of The Red House. Popularly known as “the fashion club.”

What helped in your decision to choose SJU and New York City?The image I had personally made up about New York City in my head and the people I could potentially meet to help expand my horizons. 

Who inspires you in the fashion world? Do you have blogger role models?At the moment, I’m really inspired by Nick Wooster and Victoria Beckham. I would really like to work with those two for sure. As for blogger role models, I can appreciate the likes of Alexander Atkins from mressentialist.com, Adam Gallagher of IAMGALLA.com, and Brian Sacawa of Hespokestyle.com. They continue to produce high quality material and they remain consistent. Those three men are the epitome of what I strive to be as a menswear blogger.

Where do you hope to see yourself and your blog in 5 years?In 5 years, I’ll be 26 years old. I’ll be successfully working with and learning from the best people in the industry to prepare and gain experience for my future menswear house. I’ll be involved in marketing campaigns and design projects with brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, DSquared, Tom Ford & Bally. As for igeeokafor.com, I hope to turn it into an online, high quality reference point for menswear enthusiasts. It’ll celebrate men, women and the art of culture in every essence. I also hope to be on your TV screen featured on your favorite tv shows, movies, talk shows and music videos.

Reza Moreno

St. John's

I am 19 years old from Southern Califronia currently a student at St. John's University. I love writing about fashion and sports. My hobbies include designing clothes, writing poems, and reading!
Contributor Account